three

three-

yoongi sighed as he fallowed his parents and the king and queen of the east. he wasn't going to admit he was nervous about his meeting with the prince but he was actually about to throw up from how fucking high his anxiety was. he had already scared the prince enough, he didn't wanna fuck up more.

"hoseok! where have you been? i expected you to bring prince yoongi back, not a servant." hoseoks mother said in a disapproving tone. hoseok who had appeared as soon as they got back inside the castle, looked shamefuly down towards his feet, hands brought together in front of him in an awkward manner.

"i'm sorry mother, i was with seokjin hyung and taehyung and lost track-" he was swiftly cut off by yoongi's deep and nonchalant voice.

"it was my fault, i told him i could find my way back on my own. i apologize." yoongi said with a bow towards hoseoks parents. lying was a bit of a second language to him, though he didn't use it often. yoongi's mother was quick to slap him gently on the back of the head and telling him 'it was the wrong thing to do' before also bowing to the other royal family.

"oh no," hoseoks father said shaking his head. "it's quite alright! don't worry about it." and with that the four were chatting happily again, ignoring their two awkward looking pups in favor of heading to the dining area.

as he fallowed, yoongi's gaze rested on hoseok once again. he really was as beautiful as the people have said, with light brown hair and soft chocolate eyes. although he was still waiting to see the sunshiny smile so many other royal families have praised in the past.

"hoseok," hoseoks mother called out as they neared the dining haul. "yours and yoongi's dinner is already waiting upstairs on your balcony." she said softly, almost sympathetically. hoseok nodded slowly and turned towards yoongi, a bit more confidently then before.

"shall we?" yoongi stared at him watching his pretty, long eyelashes bat a few times before glancing towards his family. his father gave him a little nod of good luck, letting his dimples show through, while his mother just stared at him blankly, as if saying 'don't screw this up'. yoongi looked back at hoseok and nodded, letting the omega lead him up the stairs.

the walk there was awkward to say the least. both stealing quick glances at each other like pining pups. once they finally got to hoseoks bedroom yoongi could feel a hot blush find its way on his face. he was taught all his life that it was inappropriate to be in an omega's room, but now that his family was encouraging it, he couldn't help the embarrassment he felt.

"this way." hoseok said as they neared a the glass door that led to the balcony. yoongi looked around in awe as they finally walked into the warm outside air. the white stone of the balcony was covered in flowers and ferns nearly every where he looked. waxy lit candles were spread across the balcony too, casing a warm glow to contrast the night sky. it gave him a warm feeling in his chest, kind of like when his mother sang to him when he was a pup.

there was a small white table that their dinner was placed upon. there were many different dishes including mashed potatoes covered in thick gravy and chives, medium rare juicy looking steak, kimchi fried rice, many kinds of wines and so much more.

yoongi could feel his mouth water. it wasn't like he didn't have this kind of food super often, he was a prince after all, but it had been a long day of traveling.

"you can sit down." hoseok (who had already seated him self in one of the flower patterned stone chairs) said with a bit of a head tilt. yoongi quckly sat down at that, not realizing he had been spacing out. he muffled a little apology as the omega handed him a plate.

"so," hoseok began awkwardly, placing a couple scoops of kimchi fried rice onto his plate. "i never really introduced myself. "i'm jung hoseok." he said, making eye contact with the other male who stared back with an almost intense look.

"min yoongi." yoongi said simply, looking away from the boy and grabbing one of the steaks. "sorry for staring so much,  but none of my people are as.. golden as your are." he said, rubbing his finger tips along his ear in embarrassment.

hoseok looked a bit taken aback, his chocolate eyes going a bit wide before looking down at his plate. "oh, uhm it's okay. my people aren't quite so.. pale as yours are so i've been staring at you a bit too." he said before quickly changing the subject. "uhm so, what's your favorite color?"

yoongi stared blankly at the others randomness before going into a thinking face. "black i guess." he said before taking a bite of the meat he had been cutting. hoseok nodded and looked at him like it was the most fascinating thing in the world.

"now your turn to ask me a question!" hoseok said, letting his usual optimism peek out of him. yoongi was kind of lost to be honest but he did as the other told him.

"ok, what's your favorite food?" hoseok let out a loud gasp at that.

"how could you make me pick?" he said, putting a hand over his heart as if he was offended. then he let a bright smile slip onto his face.

fuck.

the smile yoongi had been curious about ever since he first heard about the boy many years ago was right in front of him, bright and beautiful and looking like the sun itself. yoongi could feel another kind of warmth taking over his chest, different from the feeling of his mother singing to him. this played with his heart a bit more.

those questions went on for at least another hour. they had finished dinner and had decided to sit on a bench and admire the stars, secretly inching closer to each other with every answer the other gave.

suddenly though, yoongi's alpha instincts kicked in, telling him to protect, protect, protect. there was another alphas scent thick in the air around his omega and that was not ok. he quickly turned his head towards the glass balcony doors, looking into the dimly lit room with a glare. there he saw four figures who quickly ducked out of sight as he turned around.

jesus christ.

"please excuse me prince hoseok, i'm just gonna go check on something real quick." hoseok looked at him, a bit confused but nodded anyway. yoongi quickly hid the smile that slipped onto his lips. "i'll be back in a moment." he said before making his way to the door, sliding it open and shutting it as he walked in.

"jungkook, jimin. i know you're in in here." he said, his voice a low growl.

both of the younger males stepped out of a hiding spot behind hoseoks dresser, heads held low, eye contact nonexistent at the moment. yoongi crosses his arms as they stepped in front him.

"what the ever loving fuck are you doing here?" he hissed, the ice in his voice not going unnoticed. the two coward in shame, jimin trying to sputter out an excuse and jungkook trying to not to move a muscle.

"ok, whatever. just leave," yoongi said stalking back towards the door "and i know there are two more people in here." he said looking back at the two, who's eyes were wide and glancing towards an open closet door before there eyes went back to yoongi.

yoongi rolled his eyes before walking back outside, leaving the two teens sweating with wide eyes.

oofta this was hard to write lol. sorry if i'm slow at updating, i'm working on several books at once cause i love to make myself suffer 🤗