02: Locked

My eyes narrowed, teeth letting go of my pen as I continued sketching. It's been a week since I transferred here, and everything's at its finest so far. I always read in books that schools wouldn't be complete without mean girls and bad boys.

And I proved that it's not true. I mean, there were really students like that, but they're not that intense. Or maybe because I'm at Fairy Tail. Everyone's all friendly, so funny, and carefree! Though we're always being scolded for all the noises.

They were too energetic, you know. Troublesome, too, like accidentally destroying things almost everyday.

"Lu-chan, please let me borrow your novel."

Levy was the one who's always keeping me company, from eating for lunch, going to restroom, and even reading some books in the library! We're buddy-buddy now. What made us closer, I guess, was our obsession for books.

"But I'm still half way through the story," I said as I continued drawing someone in the back of my notebook. I pouted when I finished his eyes. "I want to lend it to when it's finish, so you can enjoy it whole."

"Fine! I hate waiting chapters for so long either," she pulled her chair closer to me... "Wait, is that Natsu?" ...and pointed her finger at my cute drawing. I nodded slightly, squinting my eyes as I intently searched for any weird details.

"You really hate him that much, huh."

It was Natsu's chibi face with horns on his head, and a tail on his back, since he was a cold-hearted devil in my eyes. His chibi self was sleeping on his desk while drooling. Well, it's not that I hate him, he's just not my vibes, I guess. Or maybe because that was what he was making me feel for the past week.

He kept on avoiding me, always giving me his cold stares. We're in the same circle of friends but he always made me feel like I didn't belong to them. Or maybe it's just me thinking like that? I don't know...

"Fuck. Natsu, what's this?!!"

"Hahaha! You stupid, ice cube!"

...because he seemed nice to others. Furrowing my eyebrows, I dropped my gaze to my paper when I remembered that he had helped a girl from the other section yesterday because she had sprained her ankle on our P.E class. I don't know if they knew each other, but he's too nice to her.

I rolled my eyes. He couldn't even flash a smile when facing me. So annoying.

"Aw, damn! It's fucking spicy, idiot!!"

I looked up to see what's happening on the other side of our classroom. Our last subject teacher was absent and did not left any activity so my classmates were acting like some wild animals that had escaped their cages. And there's the two beast who were always the main cause of everyday rumble...

"That's what you get for pulling a prank on me, snowman!" And Natsu almost rolled on the ground because of too much laughing.

I looked away when Gray suddenly threw his uniform somewhere, leaving only his pants on. FTU's blue emblem marked on his right chest was now proudly revealed.

This university was requiring their students to have a mark on any part of their body, that will make them an official student of their school. And I put my mark on the back of my right hand. Weird, right?