21: Mission

A month.

A damn month has passed and still no Natsu Dragneel. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know why I'm feeling this way. I don't know why I'm crying every night. I don't know why I'm feeling so down. I don't know why I'm being affected like this when he's just supposed to be my best friend.

I have been doing my best to divert my attention away from him. I started reading more books, watching movies every night, shopping with my friends every week, and playing volleyball, but always ended up thinking about him at the end of the day.

I'm hopeless.

There was even the day that I thought I saw Natsu in the mall, wearing a red hoodie jacket and sunglasses. I was with Erza and Levy that time. I tried to run after the guy but I lost him, getting me stressed throughout the day. I was sure it's him! Or was I just imagining things?

"How's your relationship with Sting?"

I snapped out of my train of thoughts when I heard Loke's voice. I glanced at him, sitting on the driver's seat. We're heading back to Heartfilia Konzern from Papa's company.

"Going strong," I sarcastically replied. No one knew about our plan except my mom. And the plan? It's destroying our images of each other's parents. It's childish, really.

But if they saw that we would never get along well, maybe they would give up. They wouldn't let their beloved child be imprisoned in a toxic marriage life, right?

We'll act like we're going to try it out and make our relationship work. But after a week, problems will arise. And we'll be mad with each other and we'll fight everyday even in the smallest things that will make our parents drop the engagement.

Gosh. You don't know how much I'm cringing everytime I remember that. It's embarrassing and... I just don't want to look back at those moments.

"Sting's a bit of a pain in the ass but he's generally a good guy?"

Look at this dude. He's not even sure of his own statement.

"Then why don't you date him instead?" I rolled my eyes. This is getting annoying.

"You really don't like him? But I heard you cried when you found out he's with another woman," he gave me a glance.

Yes. I cried. I tried so hard to cry that I forced myself not blink for a long time just so my eyes would get teary. That was one of the craziest things I've ever done during this ridiculous mission.

"I saw him, Papa! He's seeing another girl while we're on a date!" I hysterically cried in his office that day, throwing printed pictures of Sting with his close friend who's willing to help us in our role play. They were seen hugging in the photo, holding each other's hands, and laughing and talking as if they had their own world.

Who's in their right mind to see another woman when their partner is just around? This should be a turn off!

And I rarely cry! So Papa should know how serious this was. For me to be crazily crying like that, he should've received the message already! I'm not the one for Sting!

But guess what? My father just sighed and told me that he'd talk to Sting and I should give him another chance.

"I've already moved on," I blankly replied to Loke as I stared out of the window with zero interest in our topic.

"Really? You've moved on so fast that it's you who got another guy next?"

That's right. I cheated in this goddamn relationship, too, that I was so proud of it. Fuck.

We were in a high-class social event that night as representatives of Heartfilia and Eucliffes. It's supposed to be our parents, but since our business would merge once we got married and we'd be carrying each other's name, according to our fathers, they decided to just send us there to unofficially announce to the world we would be tied together.