12: Comeback

"Again! Straight your back, Heartfilia!" Mira's voice boomed in the four corners of the dance studio.

Ahhh!!! I want to quit and just go home and have my peaceful sleep without suffering from this training! This is only my second day of being Mira's student, and it's as if I was going to die already!

"M-Mira-san, can I take a re--"

"Yes, after you perfect your posture and walking," she said with a smile, giving me shivers running all over my body at the sight of her devilish eyes.

"Luce, focus. I'm hungry." I closed my eyes in irritation after hearing that voice saying the same line for the nth time.

He's sitting comfortably on the couch at the corner with his elbows resting on its backrest, while his right leg was crossed on his left thigh. Even if there's no classes, everyone was busy in preparing for their boots, while the athletes were spending their time in their own practices. But this idiot...

He should be helping our classmates, no?! But he chose to ditch them and annoy me here! What a bad student!

"Then go to cafeteria and eat! The food isn't with me!"

"Nah. Feel lazy..."

He's hopeless...

"Lucy! Start walking!" Mira instructed again, holding a wooden stick that I don't know what for, as she watched me intently. It's making me anxious, really. I'm afraid she'd hit me using that on my butt once she lost her patience... Then I should do better!!

Taking a gulp, I stared at my reflection in the mirror wall. But the sight of my six inches killer heels killed me! Unconciously, I looked down at my feet that made Mira let out a frustrated groan. Oops-

"Don't bow your head, Lucy! Chin up!"

The sound of Natsu's laugh brought heat gathering in my cheeks. I clenched my fist as I breathed deeply. Calm down, Lucy! I started walking, staring at the reflection of the red vertical line that served as my guide. When I reached the red horizontal line, I heard Mira clapped once.

"Now, turn with grace and walk back here."

I did as I was told, though I wasn't sure if it was graceful... Probably looked robotic.

Realizing that I didn't stumble like what I was always experiencing for the past days, I celebrated in silence as I reached the starting line. Phew! Even if my walk wasn't so perfect, at least I managed to prevent myself from kissing the floor this time.

I looked at Mira and waited for her reaction. Narrowing her eyes, she held her chin as she stared at me. What now?

"You're getting better but I'm not satisfied yet," she bluntly said.

What?!! But my legs were throbbing already!

"Enough of it, Mira. Let her rest for awhile," Natsu butted in, getting our attention. In my head, I couldn't count how many times I'd praised him as my eyes sparkled. I love you, Natsu!!

"Fine," Mira heaved out a sigh. And it's like she changed mask as her sweet and bubbly personality took over. Talk about bipolar! "Enjoy your break time, Lucy! But don't you dare run away from me later, okay?"

Scary!!

My shoulders fell as I watched her walk out of the room. To ease the pain of my leg muscle, I approached the sofa that made Natsu move to give me some space, and handed me a bottle of water.

"Thank you, Sir."

"That's not free, Ma'am. Just sit on my lap in exhange." I spat the water out of my mouth. I could also feel some flowing out of my nose! Gaaah! "Kidding! Haha!"