05: The Project

"I'll really kick that Natsu's ass once he arrived!" I exclaimed, gritting my teeth as I stood up from the couch and irritably stared at the wall clock hanging on the wall near me. It's already 3:54 PM. The dismissal bell will ring six minutes from now.

I walked towards the window facing the back of the school, and gripped tightly at the frame before shouting, "Baka, Natsu!!!" ...and slammed it shut.

Ugh!!! How dare him attend classes while I'm stuck here! He should have helped me go out first, no?! And all I could have for lunch was cupnoodles! Well, I can't just wander in a boy's dormitory at broad daylight, can I?!

My eyes darted at the body mirror near the door. I'm wearing Natsu's oversized black t-shirt and shorts. Furrowing my eyebrows, I pursed my lips as I tried to prevent a smile from showing up, a pink taint appearing on my cheeks. I didn't know he's that thoughtful...

But still! I won't forgive him for leaving me alone here!

My hand softly gripped onto his scarf that's still around my neck, tugging to it a little as I headed to bathroom to check if my uniform's already dry but to my disappointment, it's not.

It's prohibited to do laundries in rooms since the building had its own laundry room on 2nd floor, but because I'm a girl, I can't just walk around this building to find it. So I had decided to wash my clothes on my own in the bathroom. No one will know anyway.

The weird sounds coming from the door caught my attention, eyes slowly narrowed when I heard someone trying to unlock it from the outside. Maybe it's Natsu?!

I ran towards its direction, tiptoed. Guess giving him a kick is too brutal, so I'll just scare him for revenge. The window was closed, curtain blocking the sunlight. Grabbing the flashlight that I'd found in a drawer earlier, I turned off the lights and leaned my back against the wall next the door.

But then, I inwardly groaned when I realized that all of these looked stupid. Seriously, what am I doing?

"I wonder how's Lucy."

The door then clicked, making me turn my head with a flashlight still in hand.

"Ah, fuck! A ghost!!!"

"What the hell, dude?!"

And I just found a notebook slamming into my face. I closed my eyes, cheeks burned with eyebrow twitching as I automatically swung my leg to the air. "Lucy kick!!"

"Ow!!"

And there's a loud thud, followed by Natsu's familiar voice echoing through the room as he bursted out in laughter. Someone switched the lights on, the sight of Gray on the floor greeted me.

"What a sight!" Natsu walked pass me, still wiping some little tears on the side of his eyes. Ugh, he's enjoying it too much! "Why are you kissing the floor, Gray?! Don't tell me you fell in love with it?"

I blinked, realization finally crushing into me. Heh?!! Don't tell me I kicked Gray?!

"I-I'm sorry! I thought you were Natsu!" I hurriedly exclaimed, not knowing what to do. Oh my gosh! I really thought it was him because it's his voice I had heard last before the door opened!

Wait, it's not like I'd still planned on kicking him, though!

"So it's really for me?!"

"N-No! It's not like that!" Natsu only raised an eyebrow, making me look away in guilt. While Gray slowly helped himself up, me grabbing his arm so he could face me. "Are you okay? I'm really sorry!"