13: Matching Pair

My mouth gaped as I stared at the main and biggest gate of Fairy Tail University being opened for the first time since I transferred here, allowing everyone to enter and enjoy the first day of Grand Sports Festival.

I looked around. People were continuously coming in, but most were students coming from different participating colleges and universities; Quatro Cerberus University, Lamia Scale Academy, Blue Pegasus College, Sabertooth Academy, and of course, Fairy Tail University.

I sweatdropped as tension heightened every time Fairies' and Tigers' eyes met. I felt like there's an intense aura coming out from them but they couldn't do any move because the terrifying Titania was roaming around with her army, maintaining the peace and order inside the campus.

"Those bitches have the audacity to give us that look when they're standing in our territory?!" Juvia gritted her teeth and started walking towards them, making my eyes widen in panic. She can't just make a scene, can she?! Saving us from trouble, Erza Scarlet's voice echoed from speakers in every corner of the campus that made everyone stop from their tracks to listen, while I sighed in relief.

"Welcome to Fairy Tail University, my fellow Students! Please proceed to FTU's quadrangle for our opening ceremony. Use the map that my colleagues have given you. Thank you!" Her voice was so sweet, very opposite from the aura she's radiating off in personal. But then, everyone froze on their feet when her voice changed, turning so cold and threatening. "And don't cause trouble or else you'll face my punishment."

Scary!!

"Come on, Juvia. Don't mind them," Levy whispered as she dragged Juvia. "You wouldn't want Erza to torture you, right?"

When we reached the quadrangle, we had just realized how much of us were present here as the most spacious place in Fairy Tail literally became crowded. The Council's members were scattered around to keep the students in line, while few of them were in front with different flags that represent each schools.

We walked towards Alzack. He's holding the Fairy Tail's flag and standing right in front of the stage. On our left side, Lamia Scale's students were already positioned, as well as Blue Pegasus' on our right side.

Narrowing my eyes, I tried to search for Natsu in our crowd, but I couldn't find him. Heh? Where did that ball of fire go again? I remember him super hyper earlier in the morning when I met him on the way to school, saying that he'd just going to buy something when I asked him.

He hasn't returned yet? That--

"Yo, Luce!"

I jumped out of surprise when he suddenly appeared behind me and wrapped his arm around my neck, causing me to slap his forearm as I coughed. The back of my head bumped to his chin when he pulled me closer. He's like a mushroom!!!

"N-Natsu...c-can't breath...!"

Laughing, he finally let go of me. "Oh! Sorry!"

"Where have you been?"

He winked. "Secret!" Suspicious!!

I stared at him, then moved my eyes on his right shoulder. It's been a week since Natsu started joining their practices, although he only had limited time. I heard he was allowed  because he'd already passed the process of healing. He's nearly recovered. Beside that, he had a good control of his left arm so he'll use it instead.