03: Fragments

"Is someone there?!! Please help us!" I couldn't count anymore how many times I've shouted that line while banging the door continuously. My fists hurt, my palm already went numb, but I didn't care. I wanted to get out of this...

Not because of Natsu, but because of the strange images that kept on appearing in my head. It was vague, but enough to ignite a sleeping anxiety and fear in the dept of my heart. I don't know if it was triggered by the growing darkness, or because we were locked.

I was locked.

"Please!! Let us out!" I have no idea how long we've been here already, but the small window was showing the bright moon and sparkling stars.

Geez, if my cellphone was with me, I would've already called Levy to ask for help and now at my apartment while taking a hot bath! So now I realized that I'm really stupid. Wait, didn't Erza realize why we're taking so long?! My stuffs are still in their office!

Oh, damn it. Don't tell me, she's also the mastermind behind this?

Ugh! I feel so sticky! And my hair, it still smelled like hot sauce!

"Stop it, Lucy. No one will hear you," Natsu tiredly said as he watched me shouting my lungs out. "We're trapped in the most secluded part of the university."

I looked at him over my shoulder. He's sitting at the corner and leaning his back against the wall. Why does he look so relax?! Doesn't he feel worry about our situation? We still have an early class tomorrow!

And...I can't stand this darkness!

"When can we go out of here, then?!"

"I guess tomorrow morning since janitors were going here to get the cleaning materials."

Gulping, I stepped back as I rubbed my hands on my shoulders to ease the cold. And to think that we'll stay here like this until tomorrow... Ahh!! I can't!!

Slowly, I stepped forward to Natsu's direction but sat far away from him. Even in this situation, I'll never forget that he hates me. Well, the feeling's mutual so it's better to maintain my distance.

Hugging my legs after resting my chin above my knees, I closed my eyes to prevent myself from staring at any part of the room. What should I do now? Spend my night here? With this guy? Now I felt relieve that he hates me. Because I'm sure he wouldn't do anything funny...

But once he did, I'll Lucy Kick him. Really! I'm serious!

"Sheesh. This sucks," I murmured, not bothering if he heard me.

We're stuck here and our job was to clean this room, but it seemed we both lost our energy to even move a little because of this unfortunate event. I wonder what Gray's doing at this time? Maybe he already finished cleaning the locker room and enjoying his sleep, or eating his yummy dinner at their dorm?

Huwah... It must be nice to be him!

My stomach suddenly grumbled, letting the world know how hungry I am. And what made it more embarrassing was when Natsu bursted out in laughter. Ignoring the hotness of my face, I threw him glares.

"What's funny?! I'm human!"

"I didn't say you're a cat," he smirked.

Not having any plan to waste my remaining energy, I just rolled my eyes, looking away from him. Silence enveloped the atmosphere again, and it's only the two of us here. Maybe this is my chance to talk to him and ask him about his problem with me? Should I give it a try? Fine.

I cleared my throat, eyeing him in the corner of my eyes. "Hey, Natsu..."

He only hummed in response, head leaning against the wall with his elbow resting on his bended knee, eyes were staring at nowhere.