ʲᵘˢᵗ ˡᵒᵒᵏ

chapter eight

【the princess is a nut cracker】

"Are you sure you don't want me to grant any of your wishes, Chiba?" 

Hanako hovered over the quarantine-suit wearing young girl as he watched her fidgeting with a piece of almond. (Y/N) ignored the spirit floating around her as she stick her tongue out and bit on it, doing her best to split the nut in half.

The ghost boy propped his back against the wall after he sat beside her on the cold bathroom floor. He leaned closer towards her, aiming to get her attention away from the fruit. The girl sighed in defeat as he shoved the seed just an inch away from the male's face, making him blink in the process.

"Break this nut for me and you shall have its shell in return as my payment." 

Hanako sternly looked at her, his mind currently understanding her request. He was not sure if she was being serious but judging by the impatient look on her face, he was persuaded to do as he was told. 

He cleared his throat before picking the nut from her grasp. His amber-hued eyes squinted upon inspecting the fruit thoroughly before he tried crushing it in between his palms. It would be funny if someone enters the comfort room at this very moment since they would just see a nut floating in the mid-air.

(Y/N) sternly focused on the boy's action towards her precious almond like it was some kind of a long test questionnaire that she did not prepare for. She excitedly placed her hands on her lap, tapping on it in sync with the suspense music playing in the abyss of her messed-up brain.

The ravenette occasionally glanced at her and then back to the fruit that he was trying so hard to crack. For some very odd reason, the proximity that exists in between them was making him nervous due to the fact that he was pressured with the expectant shine sparkling in her (e/c) eyes.

A non-existent sweat rolled down his lifeless forehead, his perfectly defined teeth gritting against each other in irritation as he tried on biting on the walnut.

"Hey! Don't you dare put your ghostly essence on my beloved snack!" The young lady bossily remarked, making him huff. He placed the fruit against the wall before fishing a hammer from his seemingly infinitely-spaced pocket.

He bashed the almond with the tool and just a second later, it finally broke loose. However, instead of a satisfied grin to climb up his lips, a confused look took over his face as he stared on the broken pieces that laid on his hand.

"This.. This is not a nut.. It's-"

"Yes, it's a rock. I guess this kindergarten thing is really helping my painting skills, huh?" 

(Y/N) beamed in confidence as she clasped her hands together and stood up, taking puny steps towards the still puzzled boy. She grabbed some of the broken pieces that was on his palm, Hanako jolting because of her sudden taking of the rock from his hand. The girl just shrugged his reaction off before shoving the rock pieces inside her infamous quarantine suit pockets.

"You can have half of the rocks as a payment. Ciao!" She waved her hands and proceeded to exit the bathroom, leaving the dumbfounded ghost boy behind.

•••

"What do you need me for, wimpy pervert?"

A vein popped in the head of the red-haired boy upon receiving that first statement that the girl immediately spatted towards him. He heaved in a deep breath before puffing it out into an annoyed huff.

(Y/N) stopped just a few steps away from the male, scanning her orbs of (e/c) around the area that surrounded her. She flinched after being surprised with the sudden brushing of a dead leaf on her shoulder, looking up to notice that they were now standing beneath an undeniably mesmerizing tree.

"I know I'm going to regret this later on.. but-" Akane dropped on his knees before propping his arms on the dirt, grovelling towards the unsuspecting female.

"-please help me in my confession for Aoi-chan! You're the only friend that I have who at least has a small clue on how you girls work!"

The young girl blinked in confusion as she nervously tugged the part of her suit that was covering her neck. She choked out some fake coughs before instructing the boy to stand up and stop humiliating his self.

Her mind recalled to the time when Yashiro told her about how Hanako was able to defeat the spirit behind the school's infamous confession tree. She was quite puzzled on why this boy still wants to rehearse in this side of the academy despite the powerful tree no longer existing... maybe he's just simply desperate to practice his confession.

"First of all, we're not friends. Second, who the hell even told you that I know how girls work? I can't even understand my own mind. And lastly, you better be bringing a lot of cash. It's always about the dough for me, ya' know?"

Akane stood up to dust his self off, his breathing now calming after hearing her agreeing with his request. He did another shameless bow and positioned his self a few steps away from her.

(Y/N) patiently waited for him to ready his self in whatever shenanigan it is that he's going to pull. She tried her best to not let a yawn slip out of her lips in order to not let the redhead to notice how bored and sleepy she is because of the current situation.

He can't blame her tho.. 5:10 is her siesta time.

The boy clasped his hands together and placed it against his chest, pleading his self to not emit more sweat from his temples. His knees started to shake once again as his crimson red irises nervously melted on the blank expression that lingered around the girl's face.

"I-I adore you! P..Please go out with me!"

Akane winced after hearing some sets of slow, satirical claps from the young lady. He looked up upon feeling her patting ever so gently on the top of his head, later on realizing that she was now already in front of him.

"Yeah... you're definitely going to get laid with that antics."