ᵇᵉ

chapter fourteen:

【alice in academy land】

A beautiful baby was born; an innocent menopause baby that upholds the virtues of all the aesthetics in the lone universe

Embarked with a new chapter in their lives, the couple seemed to be in their way of constructing a graceful future for the new addition to their family. Despite the baby being born with an acyanotic congenital heart defect, never did they ever felt the destructing feeling of regret, instead, they were fueled with a million times more compassion for giving their child the best future amidst her disease.

The charming little girl grew up with all the love and care that a youngster like her could ask for. Even if she wasn't able to live normally like how children her age does, she was still very thankful to be under the roof of the unconditional affection from her parents. She knew too well that they were doing this for her best and she does not intend to rebel against their ways of establishing her own safety.

It was the year 1967 when the couple finally decided to grant one of their daughter's wish; to attend school and experience a portion of the struggles of a 12-year old kid like her. Since her disease forbids her from doing too exciting or dramatic activities (due to it giving the probability of triggering her fragile heart), her parents enrolled her in a night school instead.

Nevertheless, she was still very happy with this. She can now finally witness professional teachers giving her lectures and see badly-made blackboards that she could draw little trees on. 

Her father gave her a long speech on what she should do and not do in a classroom to avoid prompting her heartbeat, followed by a playful 'I know, dad. Don't be so over-dramatic' from the young lady. The adult male breathed out a sigh as he stopped his car in front of the academy that he enrolled her daughter in.

His sight shifted towards the backseat where the young girl was currently exiting the vehicle. He gave her a final reminder to which the kid excitedly responded with a 'Noted! Take care too! Love ya'. With this the man smiled and drove off towards his place of work.

The young girl's irises widened in complete amazement after finally being able to catch a view of a real school building. She bit her lip in anticipation as she couldn't help but to dance in the middle of the hallway; nobody can judge her though since the place is practically empty.

She calmed herself before glancing at the paper that tells where her classroom is supposed to be located. Her feet brought her towards a few floors up just as what was stated in the note. She scanned her vision along the lecture rooms, failing miserably to identify which one of it is her own.

As she passed through a seemingly unoccupied classroom, her sight was caught by a certain individual who was leaning against the window frame. The lights were dim that's why it was hard for her to identify the person since they are currently looking directly to the glimmering moon.

A pinch of gladness slithered inside her since she could finally ask where her classroom was located. She carefully made her way towards the owner of the figure as she awkwardly cleared her throat to gain their attention to which she successfully did.

The individual was revealed to be a boy, his circular amber irises darting towards her in an instant. He was wearing the school's uniform as well so maybe he has an idea on where the room stated in the piece of paper was located.

"Hi! I'm.. I'm (L/N) (Y/N)! May I ask if you have any idea where the night school classes are being held here?" 

Hanako can't stop thinking about the whereabouts of the girl. It was starting to tick him off considering the fact that it was almost a week since he last saw her. Kou told him everything that happened between him and the ghost boy's twin before he was sent to sleep by him. 

The ravenette became overly concerned after learning about his brother being an accomplice of the fragile young lady, his senses now not working perfectly with his mind as he found his self circling around each and every corner of the academy. 

The school's clock dinged as the hour hand pointed towards midnight, its harmonious vintage sound disrupting the silence that once subsided in the building. Hanako slowly brought his feet down against the cold arms of the cemented floor as his sight caught something very rewarding.

His eyes glinted in solace after finally seeing what it was that he wanted to see. The dominant character that his amber irises possesses softened as he slowly made his way towards the unsuspecting female, her back facing against him while she continued to gaze at the well-adorned evening sky.

"(Y..Y/N)"

The owner of the said name juddered after being surprised with his sudden calling. She faced her body towards the source of the voice, her hands clasped against her chest as her orbs of (e/c) sunk on the warmth that his golden ones carries.

She was not wearing a quarantine-suit, just some plain white dress that covers up until her ankles. Her (h/c) hair that framed her mundane face welcomed the boy's sight in the most alluring way possible.

Hanako's insides were bubbling in different emotions as he slowly inched closer to the silent female. He extended his hands towards her before placing both of it on her shoulders. His face started to heat up while he tried so hard to not let the pesky salty liquids escape from the grip of his eyes.

He twirled her around to let her face towards him, wrapping his arms around her afterwards and pulling her body towards him until their chests were pressed against each other. He buried his face on her hair as he couldn't stop his self but to burst into an emotional mess.

His head was still a chaotic dump of questions about her yet the happiness that he got from finding this particular girl won the best of him. A series of sobs slipped past his throat, his tears drenching the alluring strands of the young lady's hair.

(Y/N)'s sight dropped on the ground as she never expected to receive such action from him. She wanted to ask him if he's alright but she thought it would be better if she gave him some time to dry the clear salty liquids that rolled down his cheeks.

She placed both of her hands on his back as she started to rub it in circles, calming him. Hanako tightened his embrace around her before drifting his self on the feeling of her skin touching against him.

"I will.. I will never let you go again, (Y/N)."