ᵒⁿ

chapter eighteen:

【(y/n) the friendly ghost】

He felt awful.

It was unfair of him to suddenly burst out his anger towards someone who doesn't deserve it, especially to her. She was just concerned yet he still pushed her away from him. She did not deserve any of the mistreatment that he did.

He'll apologize-no, that would be an understatement. He will literally go on his knees and show her that he was sorry; that his actions towards her was the wrong thing to do.

A smile climbed up his face as he finally scribbled a scenario in his head in which he will do to get her to accept his apology. His sight shifted towards the circular clock hanging above the blackboard, signing that it was 7:30 in the evening. It is around this time that she'll be prancing her way to the classroom to give her daily greeting for him.

His fingers tapped on his desk as the overused imaginary sound of the clock played on his mind. It was almost ten minutes after their usual time of meeting yet there was still no signs of her.

Amane puffed out a sigh upon standing up from his seat. He made his way out of his classroom and towards her own. He figured out that it would also be a good surprise for her if he'll fetch her from her lecture room instead.

He popped his head on the small opening of her classroom door. His heart sunk in disappointment after seeing it empty.

Maybe she was absent for the day...

"Oi, (Y/N)! You look.. a little transparent today."

The owner of the said name faced the speaker who was currently approaching her sitting figure, her mouth stuffed with a handful of chocolate truffles. She did her best to chew on the food as she tried responding to the blonde's greeting with incoherent words.

"MfReaglly-?" A cough desperately clawed its way out of her throat after finally being able to swallow the sweets. She patted her chest to take off the remaining bits inside her esophagus.

Kou childishly pouted on her behavior before plopping on the space beside her on the bathroom floor. He snatched the pack of chocolates away from her so that she could focus on whatever it is that he was about to say, earning an irritating whine from her in return.

The blonde was already aware of her being a spirit since Hanako explained it to him in the most blunt way possible. He didn't mind tho.. the fact that he basically came from a line of exorcists is pretty much complicated to begin with. The important thing is that this ghost girl a few inches away from him is his friend and her real identity is never an issue to him.

"No, seriously. You look a little more.. see-through-ish." He slowly extended his hands to her stomach, only for it to directly pass through her dress and body . His fingers moved in awe, only to yelp after feeling a rather strong slap on his shoulder.

"You may not be able to touch me, but I can still pretty much beat the crap out of you!"

She was right; Humans won't be able to have any physical contact towards her, however, they can feel it if she touches them. It gave her a huge favor though since she could pretty much tease the hell out of Kou without getting any consequences such as a punch from him in return.

The blonde rolled his eyes before fixing his composure. He released a sigh as he turned towards her direction to completely face her.

"Nii-chan's still does his 'trying to avoid you' shenanigan.. I don't know what to do anymore. It gets very annoying at some point. He kept on saying that everything's fine but he acts very antsy everytime I mention your name." He mentally laughed while remembering the events that he had shared with his dear brother until something made him stop.

(Y/N) pretty much understood this. She knew how passionate Teru is when it comes to uplifting their family's motto.. and her being his friend would really put a smudge on his perfect record as an exorcist.

The young girl placed both of her hands on his knees and used it to support her self in standing up, Kou's eyes following her every movement. She ruffled his hair to give him some sort of a reassurance before proceeding to the door.

"Don't worry.. I'll do my best to bring his mood up."

•••

"Listen, Amane..."

Hanako brushed the dust off of his hat as his sight strained on the view outside the window. He did not bother to look at his brother who was now currently fidgeting on the end of his shirt, his usual teasing grin no longer adoring his lips.

"I.. I know that you probably loathe me but.. but I think it is still my obligation to tell you this." The older boy turned his head to the speaker, his hands now shoved inside both on his pockets as his hat was now resting on its position on the top of his head.

"You already know that it is your vigorous desire to see (Y/N) once again successfully brought her spirit back to this world.. however, the fact that she does not belong here anymore disallows her from staying here for too long."

It was out of his twin's character to be this calm and composed that it made him feel very uneasy. An annoying twist started to reside deep in his stomach as he helplessly faced towards Tsukasa, an unreadable expression plastered across the paleness of his face.

"If you kept on insisting for her to stay here, she'll slowly disperse into the thin air.." The talking boy raised his arms towards his silent older brother, gripping on his shoulder afterwards.

"..she's not going to stay here for long,  nii-san."