ᴵ'ˡˡ

chapter thirteen:

【baa baa black sheet】

It has been the couple's dream to conceive a child; twenty years of being married yet no single dear laughter of a well-adored youngster has been achieved in their time together

It has been the couple's dream to conceive a child; twenty years of being married yet no single dear laughter of a well-adored youngster has been achieved in their time together. Although they did thought of adopting, the bittersweet euphoria that most parents receive in watching their own flesh and blood grow still lingered deep within them. 

Despite them losing no hope, the time seems to betray their preserved patience as the wife will be turning 50 in a few months; the menopausal age for most of the women.

However, such miracle sprouted when the brunette lady saw two lines on the pregnancy test kit. Her heart exploded in pure bliss as she couldn't help but to rush towards her hardworking husband who was currently burning his eyebrows analyzing the blueprint of the city's future construction projects. 

It was the most precious day of their lives

"Tsukasa! W.. Wait up!" (Y/N)'s heart beat rapidly raced with her breathing as her eyes slithered around the dark hallway, desperately searching for the boy that she was aiming to speak with after the recently concluded happenings.

Her boots that met with the cold floor created an annoying sound which irritated her more. Despite this, she still continued to pick up her pace in running in order to talk some sense into the ghost.

"At least.. At least tell me if Kou's going to be alright!"

The suit that she was wearing started to feel heavy against her skin as she now found herself slowly being pulled into the ground. She carelessly plopped herself on the cemented floor while trying to regain the energy that she spent from chasing after the teen ghost.

An agonizingly painful grip of worry started to wrap around her consciousness, now getting more and more concerned with the blonde that she left behind in the other building's hallway since she was occupied in obeying the ravenette's order towards her.

She abruptly stood up, the freezing evening wind wafting to her direction. Her heels tilted as she readied her self to make her way to the now unconscious Kou to check on his condition after being sent to sleep by Tsukasa. 

(Y/N) started to run once again, however, she was halted when she accidentally bumped on something. She was too focused in reaching the blonde's whereabouts that she didn't notice an adult walking  in the hallway while reading something.

"I-I'm sorry! Please excuse me!" The man wasn't given a chance to react on her sudden contact with him since the young girl already dashed out of the scene.

Tsuchigomori raised his eyebrow as he fixed his trusty old glasses and adjusted his sight to take a clearer view on who it was. His purple-hued orbs scanned the figure of the lady slowly dispersing into the distance.

It took him a couple of seconds to resume back to his reading as he continued to stroll towards his sanctuary also known as the library. The fresh smell of old books entered the fragility of his nostrils as he flopped his self on his chair. 

His hands scanned around his desk in an attempt to find the handle of his drawer, pulling it gently after successfully locating it. He crouched down to inspect on his valuables that were resting inside.

The adult male grabbed a small dusty chest box, his fingers fidgeting on its lock. Its content revealed to be a well-preserved hardbound book, his lips curling into a satisfied smile upon witnessing it after years of not being able to check on it.

The scenario of him bumping against a peculiar quarantine-suit wearing female flashed in his mind once again, him tracing his thumb against the corner of the book in the process. His purple irises sternly strained on the name elegantly engraved on its front cover as a small grin etched its way towards his lips.

He gripped on the black book before staring on the red hue that manifested each and every part of its pages.

'Nice to see you again, (L/N) (Y/N).'