ᵃⁿᵈ

chapter eleven

【mary had a little hand】

Teru arranged the position of the folders placed above the desk. A sigh of satisfaction was released from him as he could now finally exit the place and proceed towards his assigned task for the day.

Since it was the teacher's day, the student government decided on treating the faculty members by giving them a rest, thus, stating the fact that the members of the council will be the one handling the classes for the day. Each one of them was assigned in a specific section and grade level and for him, due to the fact that he was the president, he was assigned in the night class.

It did not bother him though since the students that consists the night school program are the 4 to 5 year old children of the teachers in the academy, except for the oddball of the bunch, Chiba (Y/N), of course.

He entered the classroom in a calm manner, the lesson plan book resting on his arm. His eyes immediately skimmed around the room before it landed on the only student inside who was seated right in the middle of disney-themed place mats propped across the floor.

"Where are the other students?" Teru asked in confusion, stepping towards the female who was currently sharpening her Pepe the frog pencils. She looked up to see the boy shoving his hands inside his pockets while he awaited for her response.

"Did you really think that the teachers would allow some teenager to watch and educate their kids at night?" The blonde pursed his lips after realizing how the girl's sentence made sense. He puffed out a huff before walking back towards the front desk, flipping through the instructions written on the lesson plan.

"So uh.. all of you were given a homework yesterday, right? About.. making poems on the things that you can observe in your house?" He hesitantly stated, his fingers fidgeting on the corner of the book. His breathing finally calmed its pace upon witnessing the young lady fishing for something in her satchel bag.

(Y/N) stood up from her former cross-legged sitting position on the floor before handing him a small scented paper. Teru gladly accepted it and took a good look on what was written neatly on the lines.

A sweat dropped from his temple after he finished reading the scrabbled letters on the paper. Warmth spread across his face like a wildfire as he scoffed, sliding the stationary back to her in full embarrassment.

ᴹʸ ᴴᵒᵘˢᵉ 

ᵇʸ ᶜʰⁱᵇᵃ ⁽ʸ/ᴺ⁾ 

ᴹʸ ʰᵒᵘˢᵉ ⁱˢ ᵇⁱᵍ

 ᵘᵗ ᵐʸ ⁿᵉⁱᵍʰᵇᵒʳˢ' ᵛᵒⁱᶜᵉˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᵇⁱᵍᵍᵉʳ 

ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗⁱᵐᵉˢ ᵗʰᵉʸ ˢᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵃⁿᵍʳʸ 

ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗⁱᵐᵉˢ ᵗʰᵉʸ ˢᶜʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵗʰᵉⁱʳ ⁿᵃᵐᵉˢ ⁱⁿ ʲᵒʸ 

ᴵ'ᵐ ⁿᵒᵗ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ˢᵘʳᵉ, ⁱᵗ ʷᵃˢ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐⁱᵈᵈˡᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵒ

"W-What the hell, (Y/N)?! Did you seriously think you won't get suspended with this if your teacher was the one who read it first!"  The quarantine suit-wearing girl just shrugged her shoulders, peeking at her assignment to recall whatever it is that she wrote. 

"I'm supposed to be a kindergarten student. It's the stage in life where we are most curious with everything around us." She sneered playfully before turning her heels away and skipped towards her former position on the center of the Cinderella mat, making the boy sigh in disbelief.

•••

Teru sternly looked at the classic novel that he was reading, glancing at the girl who was now dozing on the mat from time to time. Since they were now done with the tasks for the day, he gave her a free-time until his clock will alarm, signing for dismissal.

The cold evening wind desperately entered the small gaps in the window, brushing against the unsuspecting female who was peacefully sleeping. 

The boy noticed her shuddering out of nowhere, giving him a cue to leave his desk and make his way to the shivering teen. Before doing so, he took out a blanket from his shoulder bag that he brings with him every day ever since he got the chance to meet (Y/N). 

He crouched down and laid the warm cloth all over her suit-covered body. A small, genuine smile etched its way towards his lips after observing her rubbing her cheeks on her arm comfortably. His oceanic irises spotted one of her hand that was not covered by the small blanket.

For some very odd reason, his insides churned irritatingly as if it was asking him to do something. His face started to heat up as he found his fingers inching towards her hand.

The blonde's heart started to palpitate after feeling his nails brushing against her glove-covered palms, his stomach screaming in complete triumph. Just as he was about to grab ahold of her hand completely, the girl fluttered her eyes open.

Teru jolted in panic before shifting his gaze anywhere around the room but her. (Y/N) blinked after gripping on the blanket that was now placed on her as she looked up to catch a flustered boy now sitting beside her lying form.

She beamed with the realization that it was him who must have covered her with the cloth in order to minimize the coldness of the night. She gently patted his shoulder, a close-eyed smile now adorning the soft features of her face.

Before he could generate a lame excuse in regards to his actions, she took his hand and gently squeezed it buoyantly. He mentally screamed on the sudden physical contact that he received from suit-wearing girl that he swore his mind just stopped whirring.

"Thanks for this, Teru.. I really appreciate it."