5

"Hi." Calum said sheepishly as Holland appeared at the end of the hallway.

"Um, hi." She said back, her voice small from the sight of him. He really was beautiful, what with his sculpted physique, golden brown eyes, and perfect smile. He looked like trouble.

She felt his eyes scan over her and her cheeks blushed.

"Shall we?" He asked.

She turned back just for a moment to wave to Lexi, who lingered at the end of the hallway.

"You have a hard time finding the apartment?"

"Not too bad. I've actually never been on UCLA's campus before, or I guess I should say I haven't been here purposefully, I've probably driven down a street or something."

"Oh really? You didn't go here? I just assumed when you were at Tavern, it's kind of a college bar."

"Nah, I didn't go to university."

She looked at him carefully and nodded, expecting him to continue but he didn't.

"I parked just down here." He pointed to the right with his finger and Holland followed him expecting to see his black, dented, Range Rover but instead she was greeted with yet another expensive looking black SUV, this one a Porsche.

"I borrowed it from a friend." He explained, opening the door for her. "Didn't want to drive you around in a beat up car on our first date."

"It would have been fine." She laughed. "Plus, I'm kind of the reason it's all messed up."

"Not my style." He said with a soft smile, shutting the door behind her and running around to the drivers side, slipping behind the wheel.

"So, where are you taking me?" She asked.

"That," he paused, "Is for me to know and you to find out."

"I hate surprises." She deadpanned and his face fell for a minute before he quickly recovered.

"Do you actually hate surprises or are you one of those people that says that but then actually, secretly, really loves them?"

Holland ducked her head and mumbled out. "The second one."

Calum chuckled and reached for her hand, sliding his own over the top of hers on the console between the seats. "Perfect."

He disconnected their hands for just a moment to turn up the volume on the radio, a song Holland vaguely recognized playing through the speakers as they continued their drive.

The ride was mostly quiet and Holland's nerves increased until she was sure she would be sick if she couldn't figure out a way to relax. It was then that Calum pulled into a parking lot and announced they had arrived.

Holland glanced around her and looked back to Calum. "The botanical gardens?"

"Yeah, it is bad?" He asked, his voice wavering, unsure.

"No, no this is just...different than what I expected." She said.

"Most of your first dates stick to the dinner and movie script?" He asked curiously and she cursed her cheeks for betraying her again as they turned a bright shade of red. She turned her head to avoid his concerned gaze..

"What? Have I said something wrong already?"

"No, no. It's fine." She mumbled.

"Holland." He said softly, moving to block her path. "This doesn't stand a chance if you don't tell me when I offend you."