23

Liked by 1,943 othersHollandaiseSauce: dinner with my best girl will have to do while I'm missing my best boy 🖤LexiNash damnnn I'm downgraded to 2nd place now? I'll have to take that up with him when he gets back 🙄

HollandaiseSauce: dinner with my best girl will have to do while I'm missing my best boy 🖤
LexiNash damnnn I'm downgraded to 2nd place now? I'll have to take that up with him when he gets back 🙄

Calum stared at the post on Holland's Instagram, the last thing she had uploaded, over a month before on the first night of his tour.

The green room around him was in chaos, everyone hurrying to get into their costumes before the show. It was Halloween and the band had decided for the sake of not sweating through their real costumes, they would dress as each other for the show.

"I'm still annoyed you won't dress up as me." He said , eyeing Ashton's outfit selection of a T-shirt and ripped black jeans.

"Sorry man, it's just, Kay's here and I haven't seen her in over a month and I don't want the first time she sees me to be me dressed as someone else. You get it right?" He asked, his eyes pleading with his best friend to say he understood and wasn't hurt by his refusal to participate in the nights antics.

"It's fine, but in lieu of you participating I want you and Kay fixing things."

"That's the hope." Ashton smiled, the first one Cal could remember seeing on his friends face that felt genuine since they'd begun this tour. He hoped that was a good sign of things to come for the night.

When Cal was dressed and ready for the show, he slipped off to a quiet corned of the room and hit Holland's contact.

He waited patiently, praying he'd timed it right and caught her in a free moment. She was always so busy lately. He knew she had a lot going on too but that didn't make the days he had to go without hearing her voice any easier.

"Hey there rockstar!" She said as she answered his call and he felt waves of immediate happiness invade his bloodstream as her face filled his screen on the video call.

"Well hello to you too! What are you doing?" He asked, wondering what all the background noise he could hear was.

"We're all getting ready to go out. Tavern is having a Halloween bash and the whole team is going."

Calum felt a surge of almost pride. He'd heard from all of Holland's friends how much her anxiety used to plague her about events such as this and had held her back from taking part. He was happy that she was going to be enjoying the night with her friends.

"You guys on stage soon?" She asked and he grinned.

"Yeah, in about twenty minutes so I don't have long but I wanted to see you and, hold on—" he said grabbing something off camera and putting it on his head. Holland stared at him confused until he settled what she had identified as a blonde wig and SnapBack on his head.

"Are you supposed to be Michael?" She asked through a series of laughs, her hand covering her mouth.

"Yeah, what do ya think?"