19

Holland woke to the sound of the alarm the next morning, exhausted. Neither she nor Calum had gotten much sleep the night before. Instead they had stayed up until the early hours of the morning talking, laughing, and enjoying their last few hours together. Now though, as the clock flashed five fifteen A.M. the sad reality of Calum's impending departure settled on her chest and she tightened her arms around his waist.

He reached across her with his arm and silenced the alarm before returning the arm to it's place around her.

"The day we leave for tour is usually the easiest day to wake up for me." He mumbled against the skin on the back of her neck, his eyes closed and his lips pressing soft kisses across the bare skin of her shoulder.

"We gotta get up. You can't be late." She said somberly.

"We have a little time, we could continue what we started last night." He said playfully, rolling onto his side to look at her, his head propped on the palm of his hand.

"I don't want our first time together to be rushed." She said. "But that gives us something to look forward to, right?"

He whined but kissed her quickly as he sat up, missing the corner of her mouth and getting more of her nose, causing her to giggle. They both begrudgingly got out of bed and headed for the bathroom to brush their teeth and get ready for the day.

"I'll get some coffee going." Holland told him heading for the door. He stopped her, grabbing her gently by the wrist and pulling her back to him to kiss her. He seemed determined to fit as many kisses in as he could before his inevitable departure.

He smiled as he pulled away, watching her go as she headed to his kitchen. When she was gone he released a soft groan and ran his hand over his short, and newly dyed blue, hair. Fuck, he was really going to miss her. Even if they could still talk and face time and text there was something so special about physically being around Holland. It made him feel important in a different way than performing. It made him feel important as a person and not as a persona.

He grabbed his already packed bags and walked to the front room, placing them down by the door before joining Holland in the kitchen. He stepped behind her, moving her hair to the side to kiss her neck, his hands rubbing her shoulders as she poured him a cup of coffee, black, the way he preferred it.

She made herself a cup, more creamer and sugar than coffee and he snickered.

"Don't judge me. You have to be practically soulless to drink coffee the way you do."

He clutched at his heart and feigned offense. "Holland, how could you say that about me. And right before I leave too."

She held in a laugh and shook her head as she moved closer, kissing him again.

"We gotta go." She whispered to him as she caught a glimpse of the clock, five thirty one.

"Do we have to?" He whined, dropping his forehead against her shoulder.

"Well, I mean, I can't force you but I don't think that would do me any favors as far as your band and fans liking me." She joked.

"Ugh, fine."

He placed his now empty cup of coffee in the sink and Holland repeated his actions with her own cup as he threw his bags and Holland's overnight bag over his shoulder and they trudged out to the gate as the notification that the car had arrived came through.

"Okay, so we'll uber to the airport and then Sierra is going to drive you to practice." Calum said after their bags were secured in the back and the driver pulled away from his home.