Chapter Four

King was glad to finally step off the bus. He looked around but didn't recognise any of his surroundings. With a sigh, he took out his phone to figure out how to get to where Ram was. Just as he unlocked it, his phone began to ring, Bohn's name popping up on the screen. As soon as he pressed on the button to answer the call, male voices arguing came down the line.

"Hello?"

"King!" Bohn yelled, cutting through the other voices who quieted down when they realised King was on the line. Bohn started to continue talking but was quickly cut off.

"We didn't mean to!"

"Boss, shut up!"

"Don't tell me to shut up. This is all you and your boyfriend's fault."

"Guys, what is going on?" King interrupted, getting frustrated with his friends.

"Oh, um, well, we called Ram."

"Okay, and?"

"And, um, Duen is pretty sure Ram is freaking out."

"Why? What the hell did you guys do to him?!" King hissed down the phone, now leveling up from being frustrated with to being annoyed at his friends.

King may be mad at Ram, but he was still his friend and King cared about him. If his stupid friends had done something to scare Ram, King was going to be so angry at them. He began to pace up and down in front of the bus stop.

"Well, we thought you guys were dating, so I needed to make sure he was good enough for you," Bohn replied.

King froze in place.

"King?"

He was completely oblivious to his friends calling his name on the phone. His brain was trying to process what they had just told him. Ram and him dating? Why would they think that? Oh, he completely understood why Duen thought Ram might be freaking out because, right now, King himself was freaking out. This was definitely not helping the current situation. Ram had been avoiding him before this, but how bad was Ram going to be after this?

"Ugh, you idiots!" King finally pulled himself together enough to angrily yell at his friends before hanging up.

King's bad mood had officially become worse, but he decided he still needed to see Ram. They needed to clear this up. King had no idea why Ram had been avoiding him in the first place, and he couldn't let things get worse because of his dumbass friends.

Following the directions on his phone, King arrived on the street where Duen said Ram was. At the end of a row of bars was a large boxing gym. King shook his head, realising that was probably where Ram was. Even though he knew Ram was a skilled boxer, King still worried about him. Since he was mad at Ram for avoiding him and mad at his friends for freaking him out, this worry just made King angrier.

"Hey!" A loud, aggressive male voice caught King's attention.

King jerked his head up, realising he had bumped into someone. He had been lost in his anger, not paying attention to his surroundings.

"I'm sorry," King told the large man, who vaguely smelled of alcohol, and turned to keep walking.

"Where do you think you're going?" The man slurred, grabbing King's arm.

King was getting nervous, the man was clearly completely wasted, which was disturbing as it was only early evening, not even quite time for dinner. With a strong tug, King tried to get his arm out of the man's grasp. Unfortunately, some more men exited the bar behind them and from the way they were greeting the large drunk man, they were his friends. King was scared now. The men were surrounding him, a few giving him some shoves, making him stumble but not far as his arm was still held in a tight, painful grip. King wasn't sure how he was going out of this.

Ram rushed past his friends, ignoring their goodbyes. He desperately wanted to leave before King arrived. Once he stepped out of the gym, Ram took a deep breath of fresh air, trying to calm down. The sound of yelling directed his attention to one of the bars down the street. Ram disliked the area as it was full of bars and not so savoury characters, but the boxing gym had some of the best trainers in the city, so he came anyway. Sighing, Ram looked at the group of men. It was not the first fight he had seen around here, and he was not going to get involved. There was no way to know who started what and getting involved would just add another person to the fight. Ram was about to turn away when a flash of blue caught his attention. Wait, is that an engineering jacket?!

"Hey! Stop!" Ram shouted, sprinting towards them.

Ram was furious, his movements fierce and violent. The drunk men stood no chance against him as he held nothing back. Normally, Ram would not kick in a fight, he was a boxer after all, but now he was slamming his feet into wherever it would hurt the most. These bastards hurt his King. He was not going to show any mercy.

"Ram. Ram! Enough, please."

King's voice brought Ram back from his rage. He slowly came back to himself, dropping the man he was holding up by the collar. The rest of the men lay groaning on the ground. Ram was not entirely sure when that had happened. He turned to King, frowning at the cuts and bruises on his handsome face.

"Are you alright?" Ram asked, running his hands gently over King's arms.

King swallowed and nodded. He was currently stunned. Seeing Ram fight had scared him, but what scared him the most was how attracted he was to Ram right now. When he had seen Ram charging into the fray like a knight in shining armour, he had suddenly realised how handsome and strong his junior was.

"Come on, I'll get one of my friends to drop us off at your studio. Then, I'll patch you up, okay?"

Ram took King's hand and gently pulled him towards the boxing gym. He was very concerned about King who seemed to be in shock. Ram was not far off. King was in shock but not because of the fight, but rather because he had just realised he had feelings for Ram. When they reached the entrance of the gym, King laughed a little.

"What is it? Are you alright? King, talk to me."

"It's just, we switched."

"Huh, what? Switched? What are you saying?"

"You're the one asking me questions and I'm the one barely answering instead of the other way round. I'm being the cool boy!"

Chuckling, Ram blew out a breath of relief. King seemed to be acting like himself again.

"Such a silly puppy," Ram whispered.