Chapter Eleven

(Author's note: Thank you guys for voting on my story! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I really appreciate all the supportive comments, they make my day!)

Ram glanced sideways to find King staring at him from his seat at the kitchen table.

"What are you looking at?" Ram murmured, continuing to cook their dinner.

"My handsome boyfriend, who loves me."

Ram smiled at that. It was true that he loved King, and King loved him too. He had been so happy when he heard King say that earlier, but he really wanted him to say it again.

"I do love you; do you love me?" Ram asked, moving over to King and leaning his face in close.

King's pupils dilated as he watched Ram's lips get nearer, the spicy scent of Ram filling his senses. He reached a hand up, sliding it around the back of Ram's neck to pull his head down. Their lips met in a violent kiss, King sliding his tongue into Ram's mouth, exerting a dominance that Ram did not expect.

After a few moments, Ram ripped away, panting. He quickly headed back to the food to make sure it wasn't burning. At least, that was what Ram was trying to tell himself. In truth, he was struggling to control himself. King was not usually so amorous with his behaviour. They kissed a few times every day, but they were more like pecks, and they had made out a few times. That kiss, though, that was another level.

Arms slid around Ram's waist as King hugged him from behind.

"Are you okay?" King whispered, settling his head on Ram's shoulder.

"Mmm, food's ready."

King chuckled, "Looks like you're the one blushing today."

Ram looked down to find King smirking up at him. Naughty puppy. He switched the cooker off and turned, pushing King backwards and up against the wall.

"You really shouldn't tease me."

King's eyes widened, a shiver going up his spine at Ram's low voice. Their bodies were pressed together, so tightly that they could feel the other's rapid heartbeat against their own chest. Ram leaned in giving King a slow kiss, pressing a hand to the wall beside King's head. It was a very dominant position, but King wasn't scared in the least. If he wanted to get away, he could just give Ram a shove and he would stop immediately. There was a deep bond of trust between them.

Eventually, they managed to stop to have some dinner.

That night, just as Ram was about to fall asleep, King leaned over to nuzzle his nose against Ram's.

"I love you," he whispered, pecking Ram's lips, "Goodnight."

"Sweet dreams, my King," Ram spoke softly, gently stroking King's face, "I love you too."

The next day, Ram had just left his lecture when his began to ping incessantly with messages from King asking if he was done and if Ram could come see him. Grinning, Ram waved goodbye to his friends and headed off to see his boyfriend. It seemed King was feeling a lot clingier now that they had professed their love for each other, but Ram didn't mind. In fact, it made him happy that he wasn't the only one who wanted to be around his boyfriend basically all the time. If they had continued their routine of only seeing each other in the evenings and briefly in the mornings before going to campus, Ram wasn't sure he could have taken it.

Ram saw King glance up and notice him walking towards the table with King and his friends, and he waved, smiling at his boyfriend. In the next second, his smile completely disappeared as someone he really didn't want to see stepped into his path.

"Hey, Ram."

"Matt," Ram swallowed, clenching and releasing his fists to calm himself.

"Can we talk?"

"Not right now, maybe later," Ram muttered, walking away.

King frowned as he watched Ram interact with Matt. It was clear that just Matt's presence made Ram uncomfortable. He felt relief flood through his body as Ram left Matt and headed towards him, just then realising how much he had tensed when he saw Ram in distress.

Suddenly, Matt caught up to Ram and grabbed his arm to stop him. Ram felt a rush of panic when Matt's grip tightened, pulling him to a halt.

"Matt, let go."

"We need to talk."

Shaking his head, Ram tried to leave but Matt refused to let go, his grasp on Ram's arm becoming painful.

King had had enough. He stood, striding towards Ram who was still trying to tug his arm away from Matt.

"Hey, Matt, maybe you should let go now," King's words were polite but his tone was most definitely not, the volume loud enough to catch the attention of his friends.

King's friends slowly began to move, getting ready to him back up if necessary. They weren't entirely sure what was happening, but King was clearly angry at the newcomer and that was enough for them.

"Sorry, buddy, but this isn't any of your business," Matt snapped, not even glancing at King, his sinister eyes completely focused on Ram.

"Let go now."

Finally, Matt turned to look at King, a derisive smirk on his face.

"Why should I? What are you going to do?"

King was stunned at the rudeness of this man. He froze, giving Matt a few seconds to start dragging Ram away, but he didn't remain still for long. With a few quick strides, King caught up and grabbed Matt's shoulder, spinning him round to face him. Then, King slammed his fist into Matt's smug face.

"King," Ram gasped in surprise, finally snapping out of his fear.

Matt fell down to the ground with a pain-filled yell before he moved to stand up, glaring at King.

"Enough, Matt," Ram hissed, blocking King with his body.

King's friends were quick to arrive after they had seen King throw that punch. It had shocked them to actually see King get violent.

Matt seemed to realise he was outnumbered and began to walk away but not without getting in one last word, "This isn't over."

"Are you okay? Does it hurt?" Ram asked King, gently grabbing his hand to inspect his knuckles which were bleeding a little from the force of the impact.

"I'm fine, don't worry. How about you?"

Ram flinched at the question but nodded. He felt safe now that King was here, but he was ashamed that he had frozen like that, leaving King to fight Matt off.

Then Boss broke the soft atmosphere, unable to contain himself any longer, "Who was that guy?"

"Just someone I once thought was my friend," Ram surprised them with an answer.

"He seemed like a jerk," Tee murmured, patting Ram's shoulder as a sort of a manly comforting gesture.

"Never seen you like that before, King," Boss commented.

"What do you expect when his boyfriend is being dragged away by some jerk?" Bohn murmured before walking back to the table, not realising the bomb he had just dropped.

"BOYFRIEND?!"