Chapter Six

(Author's note: I really appreciate all your votes and the supportive comments! Since you're all enjoying the story I've decided to extend it by a few chapters 😊)

The beams of sunlight peeking through the bedroom blinds woke Ram. He smiled when he remembered where he was, King's bed. They had spent hours talking, well King did most of the talking but Ram did open up quite a bit. It was very late when they finally ran out of topics, and energy, so King had insisted that Ram stay the night instead of going home. He had been worried for Ram's safety. King's concern had warmed Ram and he readily agreed.

Ram stretched and tried to get up but realised he couldn't. An arm was wrapped around his waist and when he began to move the man whose arm it was moaned and wriggled closer. Ram's smile grew impossibly broader as he looked down at his King. The man was burrowing his head into Ram's chest, cuddling his body closer, almost climbing on top of him. Ram couldn't remember the last time he was this happy. It felt like his heart was going to burst out of joy. Glancing at the alarm clock, Ram sighed. They would have to get up and go to university soon. He didn't want to disturb his King though; he was resting so peacefully. Ram couldn't believe how lucky he was, reaching out to stroke his King's hair. His King. King had been so many things to Ram, his senior, his tutor, his friend, his crush, and now his boyfriend. King was finally truly his King.

"What are you smiling about?"

King propped himself up on Ram's chest to gaze into his handsome boyfriend's face.

"You're awake," Ram remarked, blushing a little.

"Tell me, tell me," King pouted, poking Ram's red cheek.

With a sigh, Ram grabbed the offending finger, then interlinked their hands together.

Ram's eyes, filled with affection, met King's before he whispered his answer, "You."

King flushed instantly, and quickly his face in Ram's chest with a groan.

"Damn it, cool boy. I'm not used to you talking, let alone being so romantic."

Ram laughed loudly at King's reaction. King hit him a few times in playful annoyance before joining him with a chuckle.

"We should get going. I have a lecture at 10," Ram told King, moving them both into a sitting position.

"Oh, I'm meeting my friends to work on an assignment at 9.30!" King gasped, scrambling off the bed and running into the bathroom.

Ram shook his head, laughing at his boyfriend's antics once again. He decided to make breakfast for the both of them and headed to the kitchen. A while later King came out of the bedroom fully dressed and helped him set the table. They had a discussion about their plans for the day as they ate their food. It was a very domestic morning and Ram was enjoying it a lot.

"I'm going out with Bohn, Mek, and Boss tonight. Do you want to join us?"

Ram wanted to spend time with King, so he nodded immediately but then a thought came to him and he frowned.

"King, this relationship is really new. I mean we only became boyfriends last night."

King stopped eating and peered at Ram's face, trying to figure out what he is thinking. Was he having second thoughts, or did he just not want to come tonight? Before he began to panic, King decided to just ask Ram to explain what he was thinking. He knew Ram didn't talk much so it was up to him to make it clear when he needed Ram to say something.

"Where are you going with this, Ram? What are you thinking?"

"I just, I wasn't sure if you wanted to tell your friends about us."

King instantly wanted to reassure Ram, but he bit back his words. Ram brought up a good point and King appreciated how considerate Ram was being of his feelings, so he decided to think it over. His friends hadn't been great when they just thought he and Ram were dating, what would they do if he told them he was now actually dating Ram? Their relationship had progressed to close quite quickly but it was still a new relationship. It would take some time for them to settle into their roles as boyfriends. Maybe it would be better not to tell anyone yet.

"Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe we shouldn't."

Ram looked down at his food and made a grunt that King recognised as one of his agreement sounds but it didn't sound very enthusiastic.

"It's not that I'm embarrassed or anything. I want our relationship to be stronger before I subject us to my friends," King tried to make his thinking clear to Ram.

King was doing this to protect Ram and their relationship. There was also a small part of him that selfishly wanted to keep Ram's sweet side as just for him.

"Okay," Ram started then hesitated. He knew that he was a little closed off and it wasn't fair to King that he always had to try to figure out what Ram was thinking so he continued, "Do you mind if I tell some people?"

"Of course not! Who are you thinking about telling?"

"My brother so he will stop teasing me and I wanted to tell Duen but he will tell Bohn."

King knew how close Duen and Ram were and immediately felt guilty that he was preventing Ram from telling him.

"Mmm, what if we tell Bohn tonight? I think I can make him keep it a secret. You can tell Duen today and just ask him not to talk to Bohn about it until tomorrow."

King felt better as soon as he saw Ram's big grin. He relaxed back into his chair with his own answering smile. Then Ram suddenly stood up and came round to crouch in front of him. Ram gently cradled King's face and slowly leaned in, giving King ample time to move away. Instead, King met him halfway, their lips pressing together in a soft kiss. Then Ram pulled away a little before nuzzling his nose against King's.

"I think we're really good at this being boyfriends thing," Ram whispered.

"Yeah," King breathed out before grabbing the back of Ram's head and tugging him down for another kiss.