Chapter Five

Ram followed King into his studio, smiling when King greeted his plants as they passed. King's love for plants was part of what Ram thought made King so adorable. With a gentle push, he made King sit on the sofa while he grabbed the first aid kit. As Ram began to clean the cuts on King's face, he frowned. It could have been so much worse. King was lucky that Ram had come out of the gym at the right time. He paused, hand in the air, staring at King.

"Ram?"

Ram grunted in response, snapping out of his dark imagination. He had been thinking about what could have happened to his King if he hadn't gotten there in time. Just the thought of it made him feel sick. Taking a deep breath, Ram began to move his hand back to King's face, trying to focus on taking care of King instead.

"Ram, are you okay?" King asked, gently wrapping his hands around Ram's shaking one.

King's soft question broke through the last of Ram's emotional barriers. Ram had been barely holding it together and after hearing King's concern he couldn't hold his feelings back anymore. He moved quickly, wrapping his arms around King and pulling him into a tight hug. His heart was racing, and his face felt vaguely hot, but he didn't care right now. Ram was just so glad King was alright.

"I was so worried," He whispered.

King was shocked at Ram's sudden action, frozen in place, but when he heard Ram's smooth voice and sweet words, he returned the hug. His ear tingled from feeling Ram's breath so close to it and he could his feel heartbeat begin to speed up. There was no way King could pass this off as a normal friend hug. They had been holding each other for a long time, pressed as closely together as was humanly possible. It was oddly calming and exciting at the same time. He felt safe in Ram's arms, which he found he really needed after those drunk men had attacked him.

Swallowing, King prepared himself to confess his newly realised feelings to Ram. He was not entirely sure that it was a good idea, but he decided to do so anyway. Now that he knew how he felt, King needed to talk about it. It was unlikely that Ram would want to discuss it, he was King's cool boy after all. King just hoped that Ram wouldn't keep avoiding him after he told him.

"Ram, I need to tell you something."

Ram opened his eyes at the sound of King's voice and reluctantly lifted his head off his senior's warm shoulder. He slowly moved away, detaching from the hug. Before Ram could shift back to his own seat on the sofa, King grabbed his hands. Ram flushed at the contact but didn't pull away. What was going on with King? He looked so serious.

"Ram, I was so mad at you today. You were ignoring me and then I heard that you had been fighting a lot, and I just got so angry so I came to see you," King began, absentmindedly rubbing his thumb on the hand clasped in his.

Ram felt a rush of guilt. His actions had resulted in King being angry at him and King being attacked.

"I'm sorry, King."

"Ram, just. Just let me finish, okay?"

Ram was starting to panic now. It seemed like King was struggling to say something, something important. He desperately wanted to stop King because he was worried that he wasn't going to like what he was going to say. What if King didn't want to be friends with him anymore? Ram couldn't stop him though. He didn't think he could ever deny King anything.

"When I saw you come to my rescue, I realised something," King paused, feeling nervous energy spread through his body. "I think I like you, as in more than a friend," he finished quickly, with a shaky voice.

Ram had not been expecting that. It was like a dream that he hadn't even dared to dream had come true. A surge of conflicting emotions made his head swim, his vision becoming blurry. Ram knew he needed to say something but whenever he tried, he would choke. His breathing became quicker and quicker as he tried to think of what to do or say to show King that he felt the same way.

"Ram, hey. Calm down, it's okay. If you don't like me back don't worry, we-" King started to say, trying to reassure Ram who seemed to be freaking out, but was cut off.

Ram leaned forward and pressed his lips against King's soft ones in a gentle kiss. He wanted to prevent King from thinking or saying anything like that. Of course, Ram liked him. Who wouldn't like King? He was kind and chatty, a little weird, and just so absolutely adorable.

King was once again stunned. He knew Ram was not talkative, but it was becoming very clear that he was more a man of action. However, King found that he really did not mind. The kiss was tender, it was almost like a series of slow pecks, neither of them pushed for more. Eventually King pulled his lips away with a smile, dropping his forehead against Ram's. They stared into each other's eyes, still holding hands even though they were slightly sweaty at this point.

"I guess you like me back, huh?" King chuckled, nuzzling Ram's nose with his own.

A lazy grin stretched across Ram's face before he spoke with sweet sincerity, "I like you, my King."

King's heart thumped painfully at those words. It was an ache he loved though. It meant he was affected by Ram, who liked him too.

They sat there for a while longer, heads pressed together, almost looking into each other's souls with their deep eye contact. To them, it felt like they were the only two in the world.