Chapter 1

You cursed under your breath as you made your way to the throne room. To say you were apprehensive of having even a conversation with the now-king of Asgard was an understatement. You never crossed paths with Loki and you intended to keep it that way but it seemed things were unwillingly to go how you wanted them to.

Being an Asgardian soldier-and one of your ranks at that too, it was near impossible for you to avoid any meetings with the king. You never minded them because you have found that it was rather easy to fool Odin- he hardly ever paid any attention to the people individually. Loki however threatened to be a different case. People always took your trepidation for the raven haired Prince to be mistrust and in a way it was- you didn't trust Loki to fall for your deceit.

"Your highness," You greeted as you kneeled down in front of the royal throne with your hand across your chest- an action that had almost became a reflex for you. You'd been used to the formalities of it all by now- which was more than you could say for the sight in front of you.

Loki was sat on the throne with his horned helmet, the royal scepter in his hand. His legs were spread out and about- a stance you'd never catch another royal dead sat in. You couldn't deny it- Loki sat like a slut.

"General (Y/N)," He said curtly and motioned for you to stand. "How come we've never met before?" His words didn't sound like mindless small talk- no it sounded like they held purpose. You'd hoped he called for you because of some army matter relating to the forthcoming war with Jotunheim and you still tried to tell yourself the same may be true. He was the king of Asgard now after all- his first priority would be the kingdom, not solving the mystery of why he'd never met some army general before.

You just gave him a polite laugh, "I suppose there's a first time for everything my lord."

"Yes I suppose so." Loki appeared to be thinking something and you feared he may not give the topic up.

"Does his majesty have any concerns regarding my warriors?" You asked trying to shift the exchange back to what you hoped it to be intended for. "I would imagine that's the reason I was summoned."

Loki ignored your words and just gave you a puzzled look before his face broke out in a mischievous grin. Nothing that could mean anything good you assumed.

"Tell me (Y/N)," Loki started as he got up from his throne taking slow and torturous steps down the stairs that elevated the throne to a platform. "What are the chances of a prince," He had now well reached the bottom of the steps. "having never met one of the most applauded generals of his kingdom."

Damn you and your yearning for glory, you thought to yourself. Had you lived a lowly life in Asgard perhaps as a mere peasant you wouldn't be in this situation right now. He could still very well not be aware of your parentage, you argued. But you knew you were just humoring yourself. He was the God of lies after all and some would argue keeping a secret was a lie in and of itself.

"None. I'd say." You said maintaining the humorous tone form before, "After all we've finally crossed paths haven't we?"

"Yes we have General, but you've successfully avoided my company for over a 100 years now, if I didn't know any better I'd say you were trying to avoid my presence." There it was. You thought as soon as the words left his mouth. You knew you shouldn't have played so safe around him but considering this was how your first meeting with him was going it was justifiable why you'd been weary of his company.

Loki still had that grin that you now wanted to knock off his face. It seemed it was impossible for you to not want to punch Asgard's king whether it be Odin or his sons. You speculated whether you should laugh his words off like you didn't know what he was talking about or indulge his questions and try to come up with some viable answer. But alas you didn't have time to come to a decision.