Chapter 13

The address on the piece of paper wasn't unbearably far away but it was far away enough. Thor and you were walking down some alleyway and you were some 10 to 15 minutes away from One Seven Seven A Bleecker S T going off of what the Midgardian had told you.

The journey was just a tad bit uncomfortable considering all that had happened and you could tell Thor was itching to say something. You knew he was pissed at you but you were also glad that he was holding it in for now considering you had a bigger thing to deal with.

"Who'd you think it is?" You asked not really liking the awkward silence you were trapped in.

Thor gave you a questioning look.

"The one who abducted Loki or whatever." You elaborated casually. "Is it one of your Midgardian-"

However he interrupted you before you could finish, "I can't believe you two!"

On second thought you should've probably kept your mouth shut until you had reached the place you were headed towards instead of trying to start a conversation with him.

You could really hear just how pissed off he really was with the words that followed, "To leave father out here on Earth while Loki tricked our people and pretended to be him! What were you thinking?"

"Oh spare me the judgment Thor." You said rolling your eyes at him, "It's not like all we did was sit on our asses all day enjoying plays written by Loki to stroke his own ego. We took care of the Nine Realms."

Thor scoffed at you his pace now coming to a complete halt making you do the same as well. "Took care of the Nine Realms?" He asked incredulously. "The Nine Realms were in chaos, Nilfheim fell in on itself months ago Nidavellir-"

"Nidavellir was going to receive the best army Asgard had to offer led by yours truly," You replied before continuing pointedly, "But of course because I'm stuck here now, that army won't be leaving until after I get back. Wonder who I have to blame for that?"

"We're looking for just that man right now." He shot back with a tight lipped smile.

You gave him a disbelieving laugh, "Sure let's blame everything on Loki shall we? The Nine Realms have always been in chaos- whether it was under Odin's rule or his grandfather's, that's the nature of existence. But it only becomes a problem when you can chalk it up to Loki, doesn't it?"

Thor didn't have anything to say to that, of course he didn't.

You weren't saying Loki was innocent or heroic or anything- much like all the other members of the royal family he too was an asshole who had made many mistakes and has done many bad things.

But you had also realized during the time you'd gotten to know him that all those mistakes were at least understandable if not forgivable. Loki had a rough childhood and you weren't making excuses for him- you really weren't. You had a rough childhood yourself but you didn't try to take over a whole other planet like a tyrant. But again you weren't arguing for forgiveness here, just a little bit of understanding.

You were never one to excuse someone's wrongdoings on their difficult past. But you were also never one to withhold credit where it was due. And so while it was Loki who would undoubtedly have to carry the burden and responsibility of his mistakes until the end of times- it was Odin who deserved the credit for them all.

"So is that it then? You helped Loki lie to all the Asgardians because you thought that was the right thing to do?" Thor spoke after a while and sounded very much condescending.

You didn't like the way he had phrased his words, so you decided instead of just giving him a genuine answer you would throw it back in his face, "I helped Loki because you left me no other choice."