Chapter 15

"Get off the ground, you dramatic bitch," You said with a laugh as you extended your hand towards Loki to help him get up. He took your hand with a roll of his eyes and got back on his feet.

Loki however didn't reply to your little quip and it was just a tad bit concerning. He seemed to be looking at something and you followed his gaze- Odin. Thor had already noticed him and was making his way towards him. You turned your head back to Loki expecting him to go as well but he seemed hesitant.

"That guy teleported Thor and I a bunch back there," You told Loki and he turned his attention back to you at your words.

"You hate being teleported." He stated confusedly.

He of course knew that. He had tried to teleport the two of you a few times before and even though his magic was different than Strange's- you still always threw up.

"Yeah I got sick just a few minutes before he brought you back- you barely missed it." You said with a smile. "I thought that piece of information might cheer you up a little."

He still seemed distracted by the sight of Odin but didn't make any motion to go to him. There was too much bad blood between them you guessed.

You let out a weary sigh- you hated getting in between people's problems with their families but Loki was an exception you assumed, "You should go talk to him."

Loki looked at you questioningly, "You think so?"

"Well you have to at some point."

He gave you nod before moving past you but you grabbed his hand, "Oh and one more thing," You said before continuing with a playful grin, "I'm sorry for calling you a dramatic bitch just before you're going to confront your shitty adoptive dad."

You received an exasperated look, "Seriously (Y/N) do you really wanna be a little shit right now?"

You shrugged your shoulders at him like the annoying little shit you were, "Seemed like kind of a jerk move to not apologize for it."

He just flipped you off before making his way towards Odin.

And with that you were just left hanging there awkwardly alone- within a few feet of three people that you knew; in an otherwise empty and very scenic meadow. What the fuck had your life come to? You moved a little farther away from the three of them so that you could hear absolutely nothing of what was going on and turned your back to them.

This seemed like a private moment- something you wouldn't want to intrude on. It was a family moment. You had no idea what those were of course- how could you? You never even had a family. Not even an adoptive one. You didn't remember anything of when you were a kid and presumably was with your parents. And Helga, your caretaker left you when you were a barely of age.

Ever since then you had never gotten close enough to anyone before to even call them your friend let alone family. Except Loki of course- you knew he was your friend. You shook your thoughts away- you weren't going to stand here and wallow in self-pity right now.

You waited for just a handful of moments before your curiosity got the better of you and you turned around to see if Odin and the two brothers were still talking.

Couldn't they just wait to get back to Asgard to do this? You thought perhaps a little impatiently only to see Thor and Loki- only Thor and Loki were standing by the edge of the cliff as a swirl of golden dust flew off into the air from where Odin was standing.

You looked onto the sight in front of you, much perplexed- was, was Odin dead?

It was almost like the minute that thought entered your brain-a wall was lifted off your conscience.