Chapter 10

You were patiently waiting in Loki's room, lying on his bed on your stomach with a book open in front of you. You hadn't planned on reading this particular book nor was it the reason you were in Loki's room in the first place but you were glad it had caught your eye from all the possible books from his shelves. His room was full of them- bookshelves that is. In fact a whole wall was basically built of bookshelves with numerous books in them.

The current book that was holding your attention seemed to be some sort of book compiled of myths and tales of the old. Myths and tales you were hardly familiar with.

As for the reason you were in his room- it was simply because you had nothing better to do with your free time and therefore decided spending it with Loki was as good a way to spend it as any.

He wasn't here though; he had some kingly matters to attend to something about the councils. You didn't really pay much attention to the economical and cultural Asgardian problems simply because you weren't nearly enough educated on them to be of any use. Certainly not more than Loki himself and his band of councilpeople. So you went to those meeting when it required the presence of the Commander of Einherjar - which were usually meetings regarding military problems and kept your distance from the rest.

Loki however did not keep you waiting for much long and returned to his room an hour or half after yourself. With his Odin disguise on of course.

"Can you not just always cast that illusion upon yourself- the one from the night of the ball?" You said glancing up from your book for a minute.

"Do you enjoy looking my face that much my dear?" He asked teasingly as he changed back into himself after having closed the doors behind him.

"Don't flatter yourself my king." You said rolling your eyes at him before diverting your attention back to the book. "I simply despise looking at that old man's face is all."

Loki just gave you a chuckle. "I already told you my commander, it's too risky and exhausting- that spell. I'm afraid you'll just have to suffer a little."

You hummed back to him in response perhaps a little too invested in the book.

He sat down beside you, "Besides you never told me why you dislike Odin so much? Considering everything else we know about each other that little piece of information hardly seems important enough to warrant a secret between us?" He spoke casually before peeking down upon what you were reading.

"What is that book about anyways? I've never seen you that deeply engrossed in a book ever before."

You sat up beside him, deciding to finally pay him attention as you found him and his queries a little too hard to ignore. "It's a compilation of myths and such. As for my dislike of Odin I'm keeping no secret from you- I already told you I don't like Odin simply because I don't."

"That's not a very satisfying answer now is it?" He retorted.

"Well it's the only one I have." You shot back and received a look from him which made you let out a sigh.

"Oh come now I've already told you everything there is to know about me- even the one thing I'd never told anymore before. Do you really think my dislike of Odin would be where I draw a line?"

"Technically my dear, you never told me your secret I found out about it." He corrected with a teasing smile.

"And I found out about yours." You replied, the same smile on his face now reflecting on yours. "It's the only decent way to start a friendship won't you agree?"

Loki just rolled his eyes at you deciding he wasn't going to let you distract him into a banter. "If I'm such a good friend of yours my dear, then just tell me the reason behind your distrust of Odin already. You already know mine it only seems fair that I do too."