Chapter 7

You knocked on the doors that led to the king's chambers, a bottle of mead in your hand. It had been almost half a year since Loki had been king (even if through some untraditional means). You were still the only one who knew about him- his disguise was working nicely. Over the months somehow you had become friends with Loki- however painful it was for you to admit it. You didn't have any other 'friends'- unless you want to count your soldiers you sparred with on a daily basis. You personally didn't- something about constantly slamming people to the floor made them not like you as much. (Fine, it wasn't just the slamming part it was the being smug about it afterwards part.)

The door opened to reveal 'Odin' on the other side. He gave you a smile- something you still found incredibly creepy. Loki smiling- you had gotten used to but Odin?

"Commander (Y/N)." He nodded curtly at you as you entered into the room.

"There's no one around Loki, enough with the masquerade already for fuck's sake." You laughed moving towards a desk that was kept pushed up against the wall. You jumped onto it deciding to sit there as Loki closed the doors and transformed back into himself. All with the black and green costume.

"You know you could sit over there on the armchair- the thing actually made for sitting?" Loki commented.

"And you know you could shove that armchair up-"

"I think that's enough." Loki said cutting you off and received a cheeky smile from you.

Loki walked up to the other side of the room where the alcohol was kept before he poured himself a glass of some wine. He never kept any mead or ale with him no matter how much you had whined about it. "It ruins the whole set up." He would always say. You wouldn't have had a problem with it either had any of the drinks he kept tasted like actual alcohol either. It was all always fruity or tasteful- something you strictly believed alcohol was not meant to taste like.

"Why do you insist on always drinking all that snob stuff?" You questioned popping the cap on your bottle open and chugging a good portion of it.

"Why do you insist on always drinking all that horrible stuff?" He replied with a grin.

You cocked your eyebrows up at him clearly offended by the terminology used to describe your taste in alcohol. Did it taste horrible? Yes, it tasted like hot garbage- but that was the beauty of it. "I'll have you known that what I drink is the staple beverage of Asgard."

"Yes but dear that's because most Asgardians can't afford what I drink."

He then proceeded to ask you about your day. You told him about how you were taking lessons to learn how to pilot a spaceship in between your sparring. Today was your first day and the training was just virtual for now. You didn't go inside an actual ship but the hologram wasn't half as bad. You mostly just learned about Asgardian ships today but those were complicated to handle as they were. You weren't in any hurry to learn about alien ships anytime soon- at least not until you could be trusted to not crash one made here.

Loki's day on the other hand was mostly just spent organizing the ball he was holding. It wasn't for any specific reason but then again since when does Asgard need a reason to celebrate. "Did you finally ask someone to escort you to it?" Loki asked.

"I told you I'm not planning to."

"That you did but why?"

"I already told you that too. I have no interest in romance, not right now."

"Yes but that was more than two months ago I'd have thought someone would've caught your eye by now. A maiden or a gentleman perhaps?"

You sighed exasperated at him, trying to appear annoyed at his queries. "I'm sorry Loki but none. You won't be fulfilling your wish of being the maid of honor in any of my weddings anytime soon, it seems." You teased.