Chapter 22

Your shield had managed to do a decent enough job at breaking your fall and you didn't really sustain any real injuries. You really were fine for someone who just jumped out of a building in a flimsy dress and no real armor- save for a single shield. That is without taking into account the erratic pounding of your heart inside your chest even after you pulled yourself off the ground, and a scratched up left knee. They were still just the usual foreseeable aftermaths though- ones you could easily put up with.

You were not at all concerned about the guards as you were fairly certain they would have bigger things to worry about than some runaway like yourself.

The streets were perfectly crowded with swarms of Sakaarians celebrating the Hulk some of them donning masks or banners others throwing green pigment into the sky. It took you a fair amount of time to find Thor though you still found him faster than you had anticipated. Perhaps it was so because you had the gaze of an eagle or perhaps it was because Thor stuck out like a sore thumb in the crowds. Who's to say?

Thor was generally a pretty easy guy to spot but especially so when surrounded by the Sakaarians whilst still in his Asgardian armor. Not to mention the man he was with, whom you'd correctly guessed to be Banner. Loki had told you a fair bit about The Midgardian Avengers and it wasn't that hard to put two and two together. Between Thor's Asgardian attire and Banner's Midgardian one it was fair to say they did not fit in with the crowd.

However that was not the case with the lady they were with. You had crossed paths with her before but never been formally introduced although you still knew her to be a Scrapper. You decided not to waste any time and approached the trio as soon as you spotted them.

Thor didn't seem much surprised at your presence and you realized Loki must've told him about you earlier when they'd talked. Or you know he saw you back when he was fighting The Hulk. Either or.

You on the other hand were quite taken aback by him.

"Stop staring at my hair." Thor told you for the second time in the last five minutes. The four of you as you understood it were walking to the Scrapper's home. Your first instinct was to not trust the woman because of course it was and you still weren't sure how you were to believe she was on your side but Thor seemed to trust her enough and you trusted Thor so you complied. It was better than being out and about in the streets you guessed.

"I'm not staring at your hair." You lied again and diverted your eyes away from his hair- which you very much were staring at.

You couldn't help it! It was Thor- with short hair! You weren't saying it was a bad look on him personally you couldn't care less about the length of his hair. However it was quite the weird change.

A few seconds passed between the two of you wherein you purposefully made yourself focus on everywhere else but at Thor when he interrupted the silence, "It's just hair!" He sounded very much annoyed.

"I didn't even look at it this time!" You instantly countered in your defense.

"You were thinking about it!"

Before you could say anything in rebuttal the Scrapper lady turned around and snapped at the two of you, "Keep it down will you?"

You bit back a reply of protest considering you weren't even the one being loud and you heard Thor let out a grumble of annoyance. "It's still the same hair," He murmured back to you, "Just- just shorter." From his tone it sounded like he was trying to convince himself more than you.

"Yeah just a little trimmed." You replied matching his volume and trying to sound as supportive as you could before your eyes wandered onto the sides and you added hesitantly, "And you know with- is that a triangle on your scalp?" You wouldn't have been able to keep the surprise form your voice even if had you tried.