Chapter 12

I wake up to the sun streaming through my windows, an added warmth beside me. I smile at the sparks as I roll over and press my face into this chest with a yawn. His hand moves to cup the back of my head. How long has he been awake? Last night was rounds of fun, it didn't end till early morning. Today will be a rough one I'm sure. No matter how many times I encouraged the pair to take a rest, they had much more delicious plans.

"Good morning." His voice vibrates in his chest as his fingers tangle into my hair. I glance up and stare at the bottom of his jaw with a hum.

"Good morning." He folds his free arm under his head and I admire his muscled form. The moon goddess took her time sculpting him, that's for sure. My eyes trail over to the clock with a sigh. "What time is the duel?" He turns to glance at the clock.

"A little over an hour." I frown at that and huff.

"In other words we have to go talk with the council then?" I ask not wanting my head to endure another ache. That's a jumbled mess to me. Magnar chuckles and nods.

"Yes, I'm afraid so." We didn't do much talking about plans, more interested in learning each other's pleasure. That'll make this morning's meeting interesting.

"What is there left to talk about with the pack?" Magnar sits up and runs his hand through his hair, taming the fly-aways I gave him.

"A lot, they have their doubts and worries. But me being an enforcer that has a near spotless record... it's mostly how much power you'll have." He answers honestly and glances at me, letting his eyes travel down my bare chest with a pleased growl. I hum and rub my features.

"I don't want any power if that helps." I just want this pack to grow and be happy, nevertheless all the nonsense they brought up. Magnar chuckles as I sit up, watching as he pulls on his jeans.

"Yes and no, you'll still be Luna, inherently you'll have power, even if I make all of the decisions." I look at him and move to wash up.

"So what does that mean for me?" I ask him as I head into my closet.

"Likely you'll have to go through training and get cleared. They may put you on a probationary period even though you may not make decisions, if I am called away for an emergency overseers position, it'll leave you with the pack decisions." I frown and stand in the doorway to stare at him.

"It sounds like that can be stopped if they don't make you stay on the board. Besides how much more work will that cover your plate with?" He stares at me and offers a shrug.

"I'm not sure, the council has seen a decrease in enforcers; they haven't done a selection in years and are trying to keep enough enforcers on the board to prevent that." I frown at that and look at him.

"What is a selection?" He shakes his head with a slight smile.

"That's when they travel to packs to see if there are any wolves that could be viable for the enforcer program. It's a rough selection process and schooling that's required, most opt out." He says and shrugs, leaning against the door waiting for me.

"This is a headache." I mutter, earning his laughter. He drapes his arm over my shoulder and kisses my forehead.

"A slight one I'm afraid baby." The walk towards the hall is short lived, having made it multiple times this week. Today was the one I've enjoyed the most. As a mated would with my mate.

"Are you ready for the duel?" I ask as I glance up at him, squinting at the bright sun.

"Yes, I'm ready to end the bastard. I'll take pleasure in his death." I shake my head and fight a smile. As expected. It'll be nice to get over the dual and the meeting. This has been dragged out long enough and there's still so much left to do.