Epilogue

"Magnar?" I call as I head into the temporary office, or the dining room of the RV, our current home. For the last four months. It's been an interesting time since the duel. The first week was spent doing paperwork and having daily meetings with the pack to explain what's to expect next and ask for a grace period so we could get ourselves somewhat settled. Then began the rehoming project along with the other ones we've begun. The first project was to demolish the hall, hold and my father's house.

Focused on gathering materials to allocate to new projects such as a new clinic and school. Houses that are irreparable have been demolished; at some point I'd like to rebuild all of the houses and give them new. But for now, the most neglected are to be fixed. It's not like we can demolish all buildings and leave people without shelter. There are only so many trailers we could bring in. Even that was a pretty penny. "Yes baby?" Magnar answers with his head still in the papers.

I smile and touch his shoulders, rubbing the tense muscles. My eyes scan over the latest correspondences from Alpha's we have been attempting to make allegiances with. Since the change of name to Willowing Pines Pack we've had quite a few packs reach out for treaties and pack arrangements. Which has proven very helpful with rebuilding and rehoming. "How are things coming in here?"

He sighs and passes me the latest note from Alpha Wyatt Hudson. I frown at the request of retribution and payment for the relocation of two families to his pack, Shadow Crest Pack. We've already accepted the three families from his pack in return for two of our own. They are moving to be with family so I don't see why this has become such a difficult task. I lean on the table and read over the page. "What's this about payment?"

Magnar shrugs and rubs my inner thigh. "I don't know but my gut says there is something bad happening." I frown as I read it over again.

"He's the only one causing a fuss over this." I stare at the page a moment longer before I meet his gaze. "What do we do? Both the Potts and Esper family have their hearts set on this pack." Magnar stares at the papers and gives a sigh.

"We'll have a meeting with both families and explain what's going on. Maybe there's something else we can settle on." He offers in thought and I glance towards the file of correspondences from Alpha Wyatt.

"Maybe offer that their families relocate here?" I offer in thought Magnar hums at that.

"That could be another option. If need be we can have a phone call, or in person meeting; I'm sure I can get the man to see things my way." He chuckles and I shake my head amused at him.

"Don't forget you're not the scary enforcer anymore." I tease him and he chuckles softly, squeezing my thigh.

"What did you need babe?" I smile and give him a sweet kiss as my belly flips at the nickname.

"We have to make a trip into town. Jordan called he's ready for a check in for the plans and any adjustments we want to make." Magnar nods and takes a sip of his water.

"Updates on progress?"

"He's ready for our choice of wall color, flooring- I wanted to see how the desk would be placed in the office, get a feeling for it." Magnar chuckles and shakes his head.

"Baby, you know the pretty part is all on you. I don't have a sense for that." I laugh at him and hum.

"You must have some sense, you compliment me often." I tease him and watch as his eyes flash with desire as his hand creeps closer to my apex with a cheeky grin.

"Because you're beautiful." He says it like it's a known fact. I fight a small blush and stand to give him a kiss.

"Come one, I want to stop in and check up with Ronny and them; see how everyone is doing." I push from the desk and head for the door, waiting as he locks the RV behind himself. I take the chance to look around. The empty foundation, a clean slate, awaits a house. Not that we have a clue on what to do for our own. The grand stone driveway has been removed to be donated to the store district to fix the cracked asphalt.