𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

Its been a few days in minecraft and George has been more and more distant. Dream though nothing of it, blaming stress that they're stuck in a game.

George, in reality, didn't want to be alone. He wanted someone there with him. Dream, BBH, Sapnap, even Emily. Just someone he knew. He just didn't know how to word it do Dream that he wanted a hug. That he wanted comfort.

What person doesn't want comfort from their friend when something's wrong..?

George shook his head gently as he head the door creak open. "George. I found some apples!" Dream cooed, followed by a clonk of most likely apple falling to the ground.

When Dream didn't get an answer he sighed. Then something seemed to punch him in the gut.

"George, we're both stuck in this game. Just quit moping and actually help do something. Maybe we could get out quicker and can... Just .. go back to our stupid lives! Not much is different, because in the real world you aren't talking to me either! This is driving me insane George! I'm a talkative person and if I don't have someone to talk to and joke with I'm gonna go insane." Dream ranted on and on while George listened.

George felt bad for doing this to Dream. Just ignoring him.

That's it.

George sat up and turned around, his glasses were off and his eyes red and puffy from crying. Dream took a step back from a feeling of guilt.

"George." Dream put a hand in front of his own face and leaned against it. "What's wrong." Dream sighed.

George glanced away, knowing the answer was stupid and probably make Dream mad that he was worried over it.

"The truth George. What's wrong." Dream's voice held authority with a tinge of worry.

George sighed. Took a look around. Put on his glasses. After a glance at Dream he knew he needed to talk. George patted the bed beside him.

George explain everything that happened with Emily and his nightmares about here.

"And I know it's stupid. But I loved her. She gave me a feeling of being needed. I could depend on her and she could depend on me. That was my problem though... I grew too dependent on her. Without that extra voice of what to do from her my mind created its own voice and tells me bad things about myself." George explained. He was now on his bed with his knees up to his chest as he hugged his legs.

"If something like that happens, the voice usually would mimic how that person you lost treated you. Was Emily bad to you?" Dream asked. Dream sat criss cross on the foot of George's bed, his hands in his lap. Occasionally while talking Dream made hand movements out of habit.

George though for a moment. Emily... Was never rude. "You said you grew dependent. You expected authority from her. Was she controlling?" Dream asked.

George thought again. Then he nodded. "Emily was always controlling. I never really thought much of it and just told myself she must've had a bad past." George looked away from Dream.

"It doesn't excuse that much with how she broke you, George. You know that, right?" George glanced away at Dream's words, not wanting to believe him.

"She... She didn't mean to hurt me..." George muttered. "N-No. George it's okay please don't cry. It's not worth crying over." Dream said.

There it is.

He didn't say stupid. George looked at him. Sending a soft smile, George closed his eyes and wiped his tears.

"Why would she do it Dream? I did all I could to make her happy." George choked on his words. "I can't tell you why she did it. That's on her. Just know she made a mistake. You're an amazing guy George... How about tomorrow we head to the lake and go fishing? I killed some spiders earlier and made some poles." Dream smiled his contagious smile.

George looked at him, hugging his knees once more. "Of course."

Dream gets up to leave the small room but stops.  "Hey George?" "Yeah Dream?" "There's some pumpkin pie in the kitchen."

"Okay."

Dream started walking again. "And George." "Hm?" "If you want to talk I'll listen." "Thank you Dream."

Dream wandered into the kitchen and ate some pie. A minute or so later George shuffled in. "Can I uh... Have some pie." George grinned.

Dream, with his mouth stuffed, nodded. "There's some bowls by the furnace." He spoke with his voice muffled by pie.

The two ate pie and talked about fish and who could catch the biggest.

"If I catch the bigger fish, I get to wear your hoodie for a day." George said. "If I win I get the first three diamonds we find." Dream retorts. "Oh dang that's a good one." George laughed a bit.

"The sun's going down. I'm gonna sleep. Gnight George. Sleep tight and don't let the spiders bite." George shook his head. "Im coming too." George said.

The night passed quickly and what mobs did spawn burned in the upcoming daylight.

Except a select few.

Dream shook George awake. "Yiu said you'd go fishing with me!" Dream laughed. George sighed and sat up, rubbing his eyes. He put on his glasses before speaking.

"Okay, okay. Lemme put my shoes on." Dream stepped back and grabbed the poles he made. George slipped on his shoes and stood up.

"Follow your dream, and we will reach the lake." "Wow Dream, what a clever play on words." George laughed but nonetheless he followed Dream to the lake.

After almost an hour of fishing, all they caught was lily pads or bones or something other than fish. Yet nothing much valuable.

"Fishing takes patience." George said as Dream began to get flustered by the fact he couldn't catch a fish. "The lake isn't that big. Why don't you go to the other side. Maybe you'll have more luck." George smiled. Dream picked up his pole and made the treck.

He set down and casted his line, waiting.

George casted his line once more. Finally he felt a tug on his line. Reeling it in, he found a small cod on the end of his line. He sighed but still packed the fish into his inventory.

After a few moments of silence, an all to familiar sizzle was heard. A sizzle George knew all to well.