𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

They prepped all day and decided after a night's rest they'd head to the nether. Dream had came back from his 'hunt' with mixed emotions on everything.

George was able to point it out very quick. However, he didn't say anything. Dream was first to speak.

"C'mon George just talk to me." Dream groaned a bit. George chuckled once. "Dream, it's not important." "George it is important! Or else I wouldn't be asking." Dream crossed his arms like an angry child.

George laughed at Dream's childish actions. "Grow up." George said, throwing his pillow across the roof to Dream. Dream grinned before taking the pillow into his arms.

"Talk to me or this pillow stays with me tonight." Dream says, sounding as if he's won an award. George just rolled his eyes and angrily laid down. "You're such a joke Dream." George crossed his arms and curled his legs up to his chest. 

"Hm. Sweet dreams George..." Dream cooed, hugging George's pillow to his chest as he laid down as well.

"Oh my god." George grumbled.

Restlessly, George tossed and turned as Dream snuggled into the pillow that George wished he hadn't thrown. Soon, George heard a light snoring sound from across the room. Dream was asleep.

George quietly got up and use his socks to slide quietly across the floor. He quickly walked over to Dream and grumbled at the sight. George's pillow was being spooned by Dream as he slept.

"Damnit." George groaned, wondering what to do. It's not like he could just confess to Dream when he wasn't even sure of his own thoughts.

Then don't confess. Say it's someone else. Don't make it obvious idiot.

"You need to hush." George told himself. But then again... He had a point.

Defeated, George sighed and tried to pull the pillow from his grasp. He could either get the pillow and not have to talk, or he could have to explain.

George already was coming up with a good sorry when Dream grabbed his wrist. "Ready to talk?" George could only see the small smirk that appeared on Dream's face. "I knew something was up. You never snore." George stepped back, rubbing his wrist a bit.

Dream sat up this time. "Ready to talk?" He asked again. George nodded. Dream patted the space on the bed beside him.

George took a seat and Dream crossed his legs, turning to face George. Dream leaned forward ever so slightly to lay his head in his hand so he could listen to George.

George didn't know if he could talk. Dream had never been this close unless they were hugging.

George sputtered on his words, his heart leaping and Dream let a smirk sneak onto his face. "You okay George?" Dream asks, his smirk still in action as he leaned ever so slightly closer.

George had to stand up and played it off as a need to stretch. "Sorry. My back hurts." George lied, popping his back.

George sat back down and made sure he didn't let Dream get that close anymore. "S-So. Dream." George began. Dream nodded. "I uh..." Dream sat straight up and tilted his head a bit. "Mhm?" He hummed once George didn't continue.

George suddenly didn't think he could lie anymore. "Dream I..." Get a grip, George. George thought as quick as possible on how to say his next words.

Do it. "Dream I... I'm scared." That was t exactly a lie, just not the truth to why he was over here. Dream didn't seem content with that answer but sighed and nodded. "About what specifically?"

Dream was one of the people that when you talked he wanted to get to the root of the problem. He wasn't gonna sit and just say 'its okay, your friends will help you'. No. He got to the root and tried his hardest to fix it.

"Going to the nether." Just tell a completely different story why don't ya? George scowled at that thought a bit. "It's okay to be scared George. Just know I won't let anything bad happen."

"Dream you can't promise that. I'm scared that the portal is down in that cave making its terrifying noises. I'm scared that if we get there we won't be able to get to a nether fortress. I'm scared to see a ghast. I'm scared to be caught on fire. I'm scared you might die and I'll be alone in this game. What if we don't respawn. What if minecraft doesn't respawn us, and it kills us in real life. Dream what-"

Dream grabbed both of George's hands in his. Rubbing his thumb over George's knuckles calmed his nerves severely. "Dream what if we die. There's lava everywhere. Water doesn't even work in the nether, so we can't get out out." Dream knew now was the chance to say something.

"George I went to the nether. I built and lit the portal while you were up here so I could scope it out. There's a lava lake and across it is the nether fortress but if we dig down and follow the land bridge, we could get there safely." Dream said. George let out a shaky breath.

"Dream, you went to the nether?" George asked, his hands slightly begining to shake. Dream tightened his grip softly. "I knew you were stressed and didn't want you to have to go. I was going to go to the fortress if it was close enough, I was gonna go on my own but-" Dream stopped when George pulled his hands back.

"George?" "Dream you were gonna go to the fortress on your own?" George wrapped his arms around his torso, his hands still slightly warm from Dream's hands.

Dream realized he shouldn't have said it. "George I-" "Dream you could've died! And I wouldn't have known. You'd just have gone hunting and never returned in my eyes. We had agreed to make the portal in the morning, together." "I'm sorry George. I just thought-" Dream began to stress and George quickly trapped him in a hug. Dream instantly hugged back.

"You won't loose me George. I promise." Dream whispered softly, before feeling George nuzzle into the crook of his neck. "You can have your pillow back George. Sorry I took it." Dream said. George let go hesitantly and nodded. "Thanks Dream." George stood up. Took his pillow. And went to his bed.

George used his blanket to cuddle up to, hoping his nightmares wouldn't kick in if he slept. Once George had finally gone quiet, he heard Dream's bed creak as a weight was lifted, then the floor boards shift as Dream walked across them.

"George... C-Can I..." George patted the bed beside him and heard a soft sigh of relief from Dream. The weight shifted and George felt the change in weight pull him a bit towards Dream. It didn't matter though, becuase Dream wrapped his arms around George's waist and pulled him close.

"I'm also scared George. I'm terrified. I just thought I could get us he sooner." Dream mumbled as he buried his head into the crook of George's neck.

"It's okay Dream. I'm here. I won't leave you alone." George promised.

"You can't promise that, George." Dream spoke, his voice being so close to George's ear that George felt uncontrollable shivers take over for a second.

"I just did, Dream." Dream hugged George tighter. George felt Dream hug him tighter. A few minutes later Dream's grip loosened, letting George know he had gone to sleep. George smiled softly to himself and fell asleep as well.