Tender Pt.3

Hey guys, here is pt.3 in the Tender series. I really hope you guys like it. I was listening to Ed Sheeran and this popped into my head. Also this is an AU. Enjoy!

She looked out the window at the blue sky. The color of her hair he would say. She shook her head at that. She watched as the people down below mingled with each other, some smiling, some sad.

She listened to the familiar melody that only came once a year. Usually she would sing happily along, but this year's events didn't bring that light into her eyes. She suppose that since it is Christmas that by some miracle she would get better. That was too Hollywood: they give false hope to some people thinking they could just get better just like that. She believed it was a process not a blink of an eye sort of thing.

Snow started falling, calling her to come outside. Her hands clenched into fists. Her doctors told her she wasn't allowed outside because of her health. She has to stay in a box called a room, nothing really belonged to her. Mostly gifts people gave to her. 'Get Well Soon!','Hope you feel better!'

She only had a couple of things here and there that were her own. Every week when her mother came to visit, she always brought a fresh new stack of books with her. Levy loved her mother for knowing she couldn't live without her love for reading. Since she literally had nothing to do at the hospital she always read. And read. And read. One would think she would go crazy reading too much, of course that was the people who hardly knew her.

"Levy?" She turned toward the door. Her mother came in with a new stack of books. She smiled slightly at her.

"What are you doing out of bed?! You could catch a cold! Come back to bed sweetie." Mrs. McGarden gently coaxed her daughter back towards the mattress. Levy slowly lifted herself up, her mother reached out but Levy gave her a look and she backed off slightly. She breath grew ragged and sweat appeared lightly on her forehead. She took deep breaths as she continued to painfully lift herself off the wheelchair. Her mother watched as her daughters limbs shook from the weight of her own body.

Levy's brow drew down in pure concentration, her hand rested on the fabric. She brought one of her legs up and with all her might tried to bring it up to the same level as her hand. Her leg started shaking uncontrollably while her other was getting wobbly. She was beyond exhausted now, she thought she could do this.

Tears welled into her eyes at how helpless she felt. When did it come to this?

"Levy..." She let her mom help her the rest of the way into bed then broke out into sobs..

[][]

Levy pretended she went to sleep , so she wouldn't look at her mom's face. Her mom left without saying a word when she thought she was asleep. Her eyes shot open when the door closed. She looked up at the ceiling. Tomorrow was Christmas Day. Her family was going to come since she couldn't leave the room. It hurt knowing she wouldn't be waking up in her bed, tearing up the wrapping on presents under the Christmas tree. Christmas dinner was her favorite part. Their relatives would come to the house and they would celebrate together. Give gifts, sing carols, eat dinner then sometimes watch a movie together. How would it be this year?

[][]

"Merry Christmas Levy-chan!!"

"M...m.."

"You don't have to strain you voice Levy. I hope it doesn't suck that much in the hospital. Anyways, Natsu says hello and so does Erza and Gray. Merry Christmas!"

All that was left was the dial tone ringing in her ear.

"M...m.me.r.r.y..y ..Ch..r..i-i..st..m..a..s.s."