The Shrimp in New York

Hey everyone. I hope everyone is adjusting to this new school schedule especially those in college like me. I know you guys have waited, so here you go. Warning though, if you haven't seen CSI:NY then this is a spoiler. I have been watching it and the ultimate pairing on there is Danny and Lindsay. Their the perfect Otp. So I used their first meeting for Levy and Gajeel. Enjoy and maybe watch some CSI:NY? It really i the best one out of all of them. Well that is my opinion.

[][][][]

She stepped off the elevator to the rest of her life. It felt like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders and the compression disappeared off her chest. She took in her surroundings of her new job at the New York Crime Lab, her new life. Bozeman was of course something, but New York is an entirely different world within itself. She was surprised when Detective Makarov, the head of the crime lab, accepted her as the CSI. Butterflies filled her when she listened to the voicemail he left her and wanting her to start as soon as possible. Now here she is turning a new page in her life, starting afresh, hopefully to put the past behind. Carrying a box of necessities to put on her new desk, she walked through halls trying to find someone in charge. She saw a woman who wasn't in a lab coat and picked up her speed a bit.

"Excuse me," she breathed out, "I'm Levy McGarden, the new CSI that Detective Makarov hired." She shifted the box in her hand to hold out her hand to the woman.

The woman gave her a warm smile and took the hand excitedly. "Ara, yes master did say that were going to have a new one. Welcome to the Crime Lab. I'm Mirajane Strauss."

Levy sighed in relief. It was a good start that this woman welcome her with open arms yet that's not to say for the rest of her new co-workers. If any of them, were as nice as Mirajane then this transition wouldn't be that hard. Both heard a beep, Mirajane opened her phone reading the contents on it. She looked at Levy with sympathy.

"That was Master right now, he needs you right now at the New York Zoo. Let me show you where to put your things then you can head on out." Levy followed the woman quietly wondering if she heard her right. Her boss already wanted her to work? Is New York always this surprising?

Mirajane opened the glass door to where to desks are." My desk is right across yours, so it won't be that hard to find me." She presented a case that Levy was all too familiar with but also strange too.

"Here is your case with everything you need, but I guess you already know that. Someone will drive you to the location."

Levy nodded and gave her a grateful smile. With a gentleness you give to glass, she tentatively took the case out her hands. The weight familiar in her hand almost like she knew it. No, this case belonged to New York and was assigned to her. She didn't know how long she looked at it but when she turned her head to give Mirajane another smile; she saw amusement in her eyes. Levy flushed at being caught in the moment of wonderment.

"Thank You Mirajane. "Levy smiled once more then left the room. As she was walking out, a pink haired man walked in. She exchanged a nod with him then disappeared out of sight. The man's eyes lingered a bit then turned to Mirajane.

"Who's the new girl?"

Mirajane smiled, "That, Natsu is our new CSI." Natsu's eyebrows disappeared into his hairline.

Mira then smirked, the wheels started turning in her head. This is definitely going to be interesting.

[][][]

Levy tried not to appear excited as she entered the cage. Well, she had been thinking of taking a trip to the New York Zoo. To her right was a man, probably another co-worker. Then she saw another inspecting the teeth of the tiger. Detective Makarov, her boss.