Chapter 2

When everyone woke up, they were outside a mansion. The sky was grey and gloomy, and the building towered ominously over them.

"Where are we?" Pauilna asked, but no one could provide an answer. A clap of thunder sounded above them, and caused everyone to jump back.

"Maybe we should look around for clues, find out where we are and how we can get back." Valerie suggested, looking around her for something that would catch her eye.

"What is this, Scooby Doo?" Sam muttered, but joined in the search. A few minutes passed when Kwan called out.

"Hey I think I found something!"

They all gathered around Kwan and looked to where he was pointing. A few yards away was a tree on a hill, a swing swaying in the wind off of the lowest branch. However what was on the swing had caught everyone's attention. A dim yellow glow framed the outline of a person, their back to the group.

"Let's go ask that guy." Valerie led the group as they approached the figure. As they got closer though, the figure began to look familier.

"Danny?" Tucker asked, confusion blanketing his expression. The figure turned and smiled brightly at the group.

"Oh hey guys! Nice to see you." His voice was like honey and his smile radiated warmth. It looked exactly like Danny, but he seemed much happier than he'd been in a while.

"Danny, why are you glowing?" Sam wondered, to which the yellow Danny laughed. It was a gentle and soothing sound.

"I'm not Danny, well, I kind of am. I'm Happiness, one of Danny's emotions." Happiness smiled as he explained.

Confusion became clarity within moments, and Dash was the first to speak. "You mean the thing worked? We're in fentoad's head?"

"That would be correct," Happiness smiled, but another clap of thunder caused his smile to fade.

"Why is it thundering in his head?" Kwan asked, and Happiness seemed uneasy as he answered.

"Well, you see, those are quick and intrusive thoughts. Things that come in and out of Danny's mind that aren't dwelled on for very long. It used to be the wind, when the thoughts were harmless and random. But the thoughts have gotten more aggressive."

Suddenly lightning flashed and struck Happiness, electrocuting him and leaving his body sizziling and his glow wavered.

"What was that?!" Everyone chorused.

"Are you ok?" Valerie knelt down beside Happiness and helped him up.

"I'm getting weaker every day..." He said dejectedly. He looked to see the worried confusion that marked everyone's expression, and sighed.

"This is all that's left of me. All of the emotions have different forms, depending on how strong we are. At my strongest, I would be Ecstasy, and normally I'm Joy. But I've gotten weak and it's getting harder to maintain my current state."

Sam quietly approached the emotion, "what happened that made you so weak?"

"It's quiet a long story, one I'm not suited to tell. The only way I can regain strength is to weaken the ones who are empowered by the Disorders."

A collective gasp rung through the group. A similar thought wrote itself over their faces, since when did Danny have mental disorders?

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Sam asked timidly, it bothered her that she hadn't picked up on the fact her friend was suffering. Happiness looked afraid, but suggested an option regardless.

"You could talk to some of the emotions, or maybe even the Disorders. If you could make the thoughts strike the others, it could weaken them."

"Would that get us out of here?" Kwan asked, to which Happiness shrugged.

"I think if we caused something drastic, like the diminishing of the Disorders, it will shock Danny's brain enough to mess with whatever brought you here and return you home."

"Well then what are we wating for, let's find them and beat 'em up." Dash pounded his fist into his other, open hand.

"I would suggest you keep to yourself, Dash," Happiness warned, "some of the emotions are very powerful, and very dangerous. It would be unwise to piss off any of the bad ones." With that, Happiness led the group to the entrance of the mansion. He paused before opening the doors though.

"I must warn you all, I don't know who we'll encounter first, or along the way. All I know is that we need to get through a few rooms to find the Disorders, they're always changing where they settle in the mansion." And then he opened the doors, and everyone entered into darkness.