Chapter 11

Danny's room melted away to something similar to PTSD's room, and where the closet once was, stood Danny. His eyes glinted dangerously, and his smirk held promise of untold tourture. Most notably, other than the fact he was still alive, was the deep blue and purple bruising surrounding his neck. Deep, gargled chuckling rang around them as unwavering, fearful eyes bore into the boy. Danny smiled, a sickeningly large grin akin to the Joker. Then he dissolved into a shadowy black mist and just like Anxiety, voices started to sound around them, only darker and more malicious.

It'll be over soon
Just do it
It will only hurt for a second, then everything will be ok
Why stay here, what's holding you back
It hurts to keep this up, why not make it stop
It'll be easier to just end it
Go on, do it
Kill yourself

Each person took to pleading with the voices, but they just continued to grow louder and louder. Trails of mist fired like bullets and struck Happiness. He yelled, his expression seething with pain with each hit, his glow dimming to the point it wasn't even a glow. So much chaos ran rampant throughout the room, everyone running from the morphing shadows and constant yelling. Finally, Sam screamed and all came to a stand still. The shadows stilled and the voices stopped. Depression manafested into Danny with a bruised neck again and stood in front of the goth, who was shaking with too many emotions swirling inside her, her tear stained cheeks red and her eyes swimming with aggression and pain.

You seem quite attached to him Samantha, it'll be a shame for you when I win.

"You.." Sam's voice was strained, as if begging to unleash all that she felt. Her words were dripping with venom. "You have no power here, over us or Danny."

Depression laughed, a gutteral sound emanating from its throat.

Are you sure about that? Have you seen him lately? The battles already won dear, Danny just needs one last push.

Sam clenched her fists and stared the Disorder dead in the eye. Her bloodshot but steely look against it's arrogant and cold look.

"No." Her voice was now deadly calm. "I will not let you win, nor will anyone else. We will do whatever it takes, for however long it takes, we wont stop until you are no more."

Depression growled, but Sam continued.

"We care about Danny, Tucker and I love him, and there is no way in hell you will be left unchecked. We will give Danny all the help he needs to stop you, until you truly hold no power over him."

Depression lauched at Sam and tackled her to the ground, she managed to push it off of her and roll away from the body that was slowly getting back up. Suddenly the entire mansion seemed to rumble. Depression swerved it's head rapidly, it's face stricken with fear before it dissolved back into smoke and swarmed around the room, but a lighting bolt still struck it in midair. It fell screaming, and everyone began to run. Tucker pulled Sam away and Dash picked up a weakened Happiness and they all bolted out of the room, down the hall, and out of the mansion. A second strike and screeching was heard. Then suddenly, all was quiet. No rumbling thunder, no yelling, silence. A light wind blew through the group, and Happiness' glow grew steadily brighter. He smiled brightly and lept out of Dash's arms, crushing Sam in a tight hug.

"You did it, thank you." He released her and wiped a few of her stray tears away with the pads of his thumbs. "This isn't totally fixed by any means, but you've given me back some of my strength, which means there's hope for us yet. As long as you truly do help him."

Sam nodded weakly, so emotionally drained and yet just as hopeful. There was a cracking sound, and the sky began to form glowing green cracks.

"I think this is where we part ways," Happiness turned to address everyone one last time.

"Thank you."

And then the blinding green light flashed, and all turned white.