Chapter 12

Groaning rung throughout the lab, each person rubbing some sore area that hit the tile too hard. Smoke filled their noses and they turned to see an unconscious Danny still strapped to the Fenton Investigator, which was now smoking. Tucker rushed to get Danny out of the chair and once the head piece was removed he snapped awake, yelling and falling face first into the floor. He expected someone to laugh, what he didn't expect was to get tackled to the ground by his two crying best friends.

"What the hell did I miss?" He said confused. Neither Tucker nor Sam could speak through their sheer relief so it was up to the others to explain.

"Turns out it worked," Dash said, pointing to the invention, "we just got out of your head Fenton."

"Wait it did?" Everyone nodded, and Danny became unsettled. "What did you see?"

"You mean you don't remember? It was your mind after all." Valerie looked at the boy with concern, it'll be tough trying to tell him what they'd all seen.

"No?" Danny grew nervous, while his friends had calmed down slightly, they still clung to him for dear life, something he took as a bad sign.

"Danny.." Sam croaked, "we know. We know about the disorders. And they know your secret."

Danny froze, he looked terrified, and his breath became shallow. To which everyone took to try and calm him down, but the small crowd made him hyperventilate.

"Guys back up give him room!" Tucker barked, and all but Sam backed away. They sat on the floor watching as Sam and Tucker held and comforted their friend. After what seemed like ages, Danny could finally breathe normally again and it was Tucker's turn to explain what had happened.

"We ran into a bunch of your emotions and had to cause a disruption big enough to get us out. We needed to disrupt the disorders, and they revolved so much around your secret, well technically you told them but either way they found out."

"Are you really Phantom, are you actually half dead?" Kwan asked tentatively, afraid of upsetting the ghost boy.

"Yeah, I am." Blue rings spread across his body and soon Danny Fenton was replaced by Danny Phantom. The four of them stared at him, a mixture of shock, excitement, and sadness. Danny transformed back and stared at the ground. What came next became Danny's worst nightmare.

"We know what the disorders are," Tucker stated, "but we also know how bad they are, and what we saw with depression.." Tucker got choked up, and Danny assured him he didn't have to keep going.

"I'm so sorry we never figured it out, dude," Tucker continued, "But we know now. Please tell us if you're ever thinking of doing something like that, or if its getting bad like this."

"I-" Danny paused. "I'll try my best, ok?"

Tucker nodded and let go, while Sam still clung to Danny.

"Hey, for the record," Dash spoke up, gaining the trio's attention. "Nothing that happened or was learned leaves this room, ok?" A collective agreement followed and then Dash turned to face Danny. "Dude I'm so sorry for all the pain I've caused you. I don't expect you to forgive me, but from now on I'm done bullying you and I hope that one day we can be friends?"

Danny smiled, a small one, but still. "Thank you Dash."

A few minutes passed, allowing everyone to kind of decompress and process the situation, and everyone wanted to stay together and keep watch on Danny. But night had fallen and the taxing experience they'd endured left everyone drained. Dash, Paulina, Kwan and Valerie gathers their things and left, hugging Danny and assuring they were there for him if he needed. He appreciated the support and watched from his door as they all went their separate ways home.

"I'm really sorry about what you saw in there guys, I'm not sure what it was, but I know my mind is a dark and scary place. And you looked so upset, I knew it had to have been bad." Danny was greeted with more hugs from his friends, an apparent new tread for them. Yet he didn't mind.

"We just want to help you Danny." Sam smiled softly, her hand lightly cupping Danny's cheek. "Besides, I can't wait to see Happiness become Joy again, and for him to spend some time with Love." All she got was a confused look from Danny and a small gag was heard from Tucker, to which she laughed at and then kissed Danny's other cheek. More gagging and a smack was heard as Sam glared at Tucker, who was rubbing his arm. Danny blushed, and chuckled at his friends antics. But his look turned somber once more.

"How can you guys even help me? I'm really messed up up here" Danny tapped his forehead lightly.

"Whatever it takes man," Tucker clapped his best friends shoulder, "when, where, and however you need us, we're here."

Danny smiled, and he turned to Sam, who smiled back.

"We'll always be here when you need help."