Chapter 3

The doors slammed shut after the last one filed into the foyer, startling all of them. Candles lit themselves, shrowding the space with warm yet eeire light. A large parlor lay not far in front of them, empty except for another figure playing on the grand piano in the corner. The melody was beautiful, and vaugely familiar. As they approached the figure, Happiness motioned for the rest to stay put, and he tapped the figures shoulder, startling him.

"Jesus, man, don't do that when I'm playing!" Another Danny, a pallete of colors glowing around him, turned to face Happiness. His face lit up as he hugged the other emotion, seemingly no longer upset that he'd been interupted.

"Joy! I haven't seen you in forever, how you been?"

"Well, not great really, I'm Happiness now." The colorful Danny looked sad at the news, and the colors became a swirl of blues, purples, and silver.

"I'm sorry to hear that man, they're getting stronger aren't they?"

"I'm afraid so," Happiness turned to face the group once again, "guys, this is Creativity. He's not an emotion, but is greatly influenced by them. He's a concept, and mostly chills in here or in his studio. It's a cool place really, I used to spend a lot of time in there."

"Is that why he glows a bunch of different colors? They look so pretty." Paulina exclaimed, and Happiness confirmed before turning back to Creativity.

"Do you know where the Disorders are? Or does any of the others know?"

"Dude are you trying to get killed?" Creativity asked, his eyes now wide and his glow a mix of grey, red, and blue. "Remember last time you tried to confront them? You got kicked out!"

Happiness grimiced at the memory, "I recall, but it's not just for me, they need to get back home." Creativity looked at the group, laughing as he got to Dash.

"Oh I remember you, Dash. Me, Joy, and Annoyance all got together once to come up with ways to prank you. Good times," he reminisced for a moment, before losing his pleasent demeanor. "Honestly, I don't know where they are. You could try and ask Sadness, or Anger, or Fear. They've got close ties to the Disorders."

Happiness seemed content with that answer and said goodbye to Creativity, who resumed his playing. Happiness led the rest out back into the foyer and almost started up the stairs before stopping.

"I'm gonna tell you now, the emotions Creativity mentioned are really strong, and can take a lot of out anyone. If at any point you guys want to take a break or go see another emotion or concept, I've got you. I myself have needed to be around the others a lot more as of late, so no judgement." Everyone nodded and continued up the stairs that flanked to the left of the foyer. As they rounded up to the second floor, a long hallway streched before them. Numerous doors lined each wall, spaced evenly far apart from one another. Each door seemed to have a different personality to them, some were plain, some were decorated, and some looked ready to fall apart.

"Where should we start?" Sam asked, inspecting the nearest door. It was painted gold with a single medal hanging from the handle.

"Probably not with Pride, he's also gotten gotten rather weak, he might just be Admiration by now." Sam pulled away from the door, and found Tuker gazing at a door with numerous symbols, drawings and words scrawled across it.

"Hey what's this one?" Tucker called out.

"That would be Curiousity. He and Creativity live in there. Though Curiousity speands most of his time in the library, experimenting and reading up on anything he can find."

"This one looks really scary, who's in here?" Paulina and the others had congragated in front of a door that looked nearly mauled to death. Deep, long scratches ran across it, dents littered the space, and what looked like dried blood splattered in various spots. It was unnerving, and Happiness was grim as he approached the front.

"This, is Anger. He's one of the emotions we need to talk to. But I beg of you, do not mess with him." He glared directly at Dash. "He's already quiet powerful, we don't need him turning into Rage. So keep calm, shut up, and let me see if he knows where the Disorders are." Happiness turned the door handle, and everyone tentively stepped inside.