Chapter 9

Quite and constant whispers scattered around the dark attic. It seemed to fluctuate in volume, and the group could pick out a few of the particularly louder ones

They hate you
They wont accept you
They want to kill you
You're a freak
A disgrace
What if you are decomposing more and more each day
What if they'll lock you up
What if they try to disect you
What if they leave you

"Jeez, these get dark the harder you listen," Valerie shivered, "how can we diminish this?"

"We address them," Sam said sternly, as if she knew all too well how to handle it. "Pick a comment guys, address it, but try not to worsen it." Everyone stained their ears for a single comment and began to all speak at once.

They hate you
"No one truly hates you"
They want to kill me
"No ones killing anybody, you're safe"
They'll lock me away
"They'll have to get through us first"
You're a freak
"I'm sorry I ever said that, you aren't"
You're a disgrace
"You're Danny Fenton, an amazing person who brings joy to many people's life. You're also Danny Phantom, and you're a hero."

Lightning struck from the sky, shattering the roof. Everyone took cover from the falling debris, and an ear splitting screech shook the entire house. Some had turned to watch the shadowy figure light up from the electricity, and shrink as it collapsed to the ground. Happiness saw the aftermath and cheered.

"We did it! Oh my lord we actually did it!" His yellow glow seemed to flash brighter, but it wasn't for long. Regardless he beamed a radiant smile, and the clouds from above seemed to lighten a bit.

"One more and we're out of here." Valerie started, and the energy shifted. The clouds darkened again, and thunder rumbled again.

"We need to leave, now." Happiness ran for the door and ushered everyone out as fast as he could. Behind them Anxiety was stirring again, but the door shut before anything could come of it. A thud scared them and they ran all the way down the stairs, only stopping once the hallway was in sight. Panting and lightheaded, three of the seven dropped to the floor.

"Is everyone ok?" Happiness said breathlessly.

"Will be." Tucker raised his hand from the floor, before dropping it onto his chest.

A few minutes passed as they regained their breath, and Happiness faced the door at the end of the hall.

"That's the last one isn't it?" Dash asked, he looked, afraid? It was like he sensed something was wrong from this far away, something they didn't notice earlier.

"Yes," Happiness led the way down the hall, "this is the most powerful Disorder." He paused just before the door. It looked just like Danny's bedroom door, a plain off white and little stuff he'd collected over the years. Signs, notes from his friends, and a little DP sticker.

"Who is it?" Sam asked.

"Depression."