Chapter 4

"What do you want?" a deep voice echoed within the room. It was dark, but a red glow lit up the outline of another Danny.

"Hello Anger, I want to ask you something." Happiness stated calmly.

"Last time you went around asking questions, I turned into Rage, remember?" Anger growled, a frightening sound to hear when it mimicked Danny's own voice.

"I would like to avoid that, I just want to know where the Disorders-" a dagger flew through the air and pinned Happiness by the sleeve of his shirt, scaring Kwan, who was right beside him.

"You have no right to be looking for them after last time!" Anger yelled, rising from his corner and getting in Happiness's face, "you made all this worse! You were cast out for a reason! Know your place like the rest of us." He was dangerously close, his hands itching to either punch or remove the daggar and stab something. Happiness wimpered, but stood his ground.

"What is he talking about? How did Happiness cause this?" Tucker asked, but hid behind Sam when Anger turned to face him. His eyes burned like fire, and a smile was creeping up along his face. It looked unnatural, and was definitely scary.

"Why don't you ask him yourself. In the mean time," Anger yanked the daggar out and held it near Happiness's throat, "don't go looking for them. You've done enough damage." He pointed towards the door, maintaining intense eye contact, "now get out."

Happiness nodded and everyone ran for the door, it slamming forcefully behind them. Happiness let out a breath he'd been holding and looked visably shaken.

"What was that all about?" Dash asked, frankly concerned for the emotion, although he'd never admit it.

"I don't want to talk about it," Happiness sighed, "at least not now. Come on, we have to talk to Fear."

"Oh no, not after that. I call for a break." Kwan said, and a murmer of agreement spread between the group.

"I guess that's fair," Happiness smiled once again, bringing ease to many of them, "would you like to visit another emotion, concept, or have a Q and A?"

"Q and A." The group chorused.

"Ok, well first things first, no questions about what Anger said. Second, lets chat in the parlor, much more comfortable." They walked back down the stairs and settled into the comfy couches of the parlor. Creativity was gone, but Happiness seemed better now that they were away from Anger, and he filled the room with a feeling of warmth and contentment.

"Ok, I'll start," Valerie said, "you keep mentioning different kinds of the same emotions, how does that work?"

"Oh, it's fairly simple. Each emotion has three forms, kind of like pokémon evolutions. Like with me, my forms are Happiness, Joy, and Ecstasy. Each form is a more intense and powerful version of the last."

Kwan went next, "what are all of the emotions forms?"

Happiness adjusted himself, sitting up straighter, "well, there's me, Anger, Sadness, Fear, Pride, Love, and Disgust. Anger's is Annoyance, Anger, and Rage. Sadness is Pity, Sadness, and Sorrow. Fear is Unease, Fear, and Terror. Pride is Admiration, Pride, and Arrogance. Love is Infatuation, Lust, and Love. And Disgust is Disgust, Distain, and Revulsion."

"Can concepts have forms?" Sam asked.

"No, but they can grow or weaken like the rest of us, and can bond more closely to particular emotions to create mini concepts."

"What are those?" Dash asked.

"Well, they're concepts that can only be formed when tied to emotions, they can't stand alone and interact with other emotions. Like what Creativity was saying when he, Annoyance, and I got together. We created mischief. Unease and Curiosity create morbid curiosity, Curiosity, me, and Admiration create facination, you get the idea."

"Can emotions do that? Bond and make mini emotions?" Paulina asked.

"Kind of, if we get together without a concept we can create combinations, but that usually happens when we fight. Whoever is more powerful takes over the fight and that is the emotion Danny expresses. Like Anger and Sadness could get into a fight and make Danny upset, but whoever is more powerful at the time will take over and Danny with either express Anger or Sadness."

"That makes a lot of sense actually." Valerie added.

Lastly, Tucker spoke up, "what, or who I guess, are the Disorders?"

Happiness froze at that, his smile fading drastically, and the room grew cold. He looked away from the group, and took in a deep breath before continuing.

"I think it's best I announce them when we meet, because saying so makes them aware of our presence. They like to hide and work in the shadows, so to speak. Mentioning without confronting them can cause them to run and find a new place to hide, which can disrupt the mansion and cause some issues. Some people call them spirals, or mental breakdowns, or whatever."

He took in another breath, "I can tell you that they are closely tied to the three we need to see, which is why we need to see them. Anger isnt as close, but Sadness and Fear have stronger connections to the Disorders. And they are how we can find them."

Everyone looked uneasy at the new information, but as Happiness got up and headed for the stairs again, they followed closely behind.