Chapter 6

"You can't be serious," both Sam and Tucker said at the same time, but Happiness nodded.

"I need you all to stay together, I can't risk leaving one of you behind with no way out."

"What secret?" Valerie inquired.

"I think we need another break," Happiness stated, "I can't answer anything until Sadness reveals where the last Disorder is, and frankly I can't go back to back between the two."

The group begrudingly agreed, and they wandered the hall for an emotion or concept to visit.

"Oh, oh! Can we see Love?" Paulina asked, "I'd just love to have Danny swooning over me, I always wanted him wrapped around my finger again," she giggled and flipped her hair. Sam groaned and facepalmed while Tucker grumbled something about wanting to swoon over Paulina.

"Why would you want fenturd all over you, when you could have me?" Dash complained, to which Paulina scoffed and Sam and Tucker gagged.

"Watch it, Dash," Happiness warned, "I guess we could go see him, he's in his best form."

"What if he wasn't?" Sam asked.

"Well let's just say that Infatuation is annoying, and you do not want to meet Lust." Happiness shivered at the name, "I've seen some shit I wish I could forget."

Everyone seemed stunned, and didn't to want to know any more. They followed Happiness to a door that looked like the front of a cheesy Hallmark card. Hearts and roses patterned the door, and even the handle was shaped like a heart. Happiness knocked and entered in without waiting.

"Hey Love."

"Joy! I've missed you, buddy." Another Danny, this time surrounded by a pink glow, nearly tackled Happiness to the ground with a bear hug. Love took a step back and his smile quickly turned to a frown. "Oh no, you're Happiness now. How are you holding up?"

"I'm doing what I can, but hey," Happiness gestured to the rest of the group, "we needed a break after seeing Fear and one of them wanted to meet you."

Love nodded and turned to face the teens, but froze at the sight of Sam. A dark blush rose to his cheeks as he made his way towards the goth.

"Hey Sam," he took her hand and gently kissed the top of it, gazing deeply into her purple eyes. Sam blushed furiously and couldn't hide her growing smile.

"Um, hello? I'm right here you know?" Tucker shook his hand in front of their faces, and the trance was broken. Sam pulled away and rubbed the back of her neck in embarassment, while the others snickered. All except Paulina.

"Excuse me? Why aren't you paying attention to me? I'm much prettier than her." she complained, crossing her arms and glaring at Sam.

"Yikes, you really liked her?" Happiness shot a judgemental look, to which Love threw his hands up in defence.

"Hey that was Infatuation, I know better now."

Paulina's jaw dropped, causing Sam to bust out laughing.

"You could have me swoon over you instead," Tucker said, smirking as he slid closer to her. She rolled her eyes and shoved him away.

"Besides," Love turned back to Sam, "I found someone else." He smiled at her, and Sam felt like her cheeks were burning as she shyed away and hid in her hands.

"Ew, knock it off already." Valerie groaned. Love laughed and settled for throwing his arm around Sam.

"So what brings you? How come you were talking to Fear?" Love looked over to Happiness, who's shoulders slumped.

"I need to find the Disorders and get these guys out of here." Love cringed at the mention of the Disorders.

"I hope this turns out better than last time, I'd hate to die before getting to influence Danny again. I would like to at least try to get things going with her." He pulled Sam closer and gestured to her. The goth looked as if she had gotten sunburnt with how red she was. Tucker gagged while the others laughed at her dismay.

"I'm hoping too, bud." Happiness sighed. "I promise to spend more time with you and help you with that when I get them out of here."

Love seemed happy with that and took to quietly complimenting Sam while Happiness addressed the others.

"I guess we better find Sadness, we're running out of time and you guys should get out of here soon. Come on Love, let go of Sam."

"Aww," Love pouted, but faced Sam directly and kissed her hand again. "Until we meet again."

The group left Love's room, and Happiness tried to keep his head held high.

"And now, Sadness."