Chapter 5

The next emotion was a bit further down the hall than Anger was. They stopped in front of a door with papers, scratches, and writing scattered across the fading and splintered wood. Many of the phrases were the same, Go away, Leave me alone, ect.

Happiness knocked lightly and called out, "hey Fear, it's me, Happiness. Can I come in?"

The door opened from the inside, and Happiness motioned for the group to stay. A purple glow emited from a wide eyed, shaking Danny as he peered from behind the door. He took a deep breath and came out more.

"Ok, it is you, come in, quickly." They rushed inside and Fear shut the door after looking both ways down the hall, "what are you doing here? You were supposed to stay away from here. It was for your own good, you could get hurt being back in here!" Fear spoke franticly, looking around the room as if he felt watched.

"We're looking for the Disorders, do you know where they are?" Sam asked, and Fear's wide eyes grew wider.

"Are you crazy?! Don't you remember last time? I can't leave my room because of you! He took over my job and made it so much worse! I'm supposed to take care of the normal fears, but he came up and made it more complicated, and when he finds me we're screwed!" Fear began to bite at his nails, something Sam and Tucker knew was a nervous tick for Danny.

"It's the only way I know how to get them out of here, I just need to know where they are." Happiness held his hands up in defence, a gesture that seemed to calm Fear down a bit.

"I can tell you where two of them are, but you need to ask Sadness about the last one. Check the basement and the attic, but please don't repeat last time. It might get us all killed."

"What is this 'last time' everyone keeps metioning?" Valerie asked.

"Yea," Kwan added, "this is getting weirdly ominous."

Fear and Happiness shared a look, Happiness seemingly pleaing with Fear not to tell, however he lost and Fear spoke up.

"Happiness is the reason the Disorders took over. He used to be in charge, and he tried to keep the Disorders under wraps. But they kept growing, and eventually he decided to put a stop to it once and for all." Fear stopped to scoff lightly, "look where that got us. Now I've got to hide and avoid him so Danny stays stable."

"Who's him?" Sam asked.

"The one I'm more closely tied to, you could almost mistake us as one being, but I'm rational, I take care of the normal stuff. He is irrational and erratic, anything and everything can set him off and cause pure chaos around here." Fear pointed to Dash, "please keep him away when you find them, he isn't exactly well liked around here."

"Hey!" Dash yelled, but everyone shushed him, and he sunk back into the group.

"I think it's best you get them out of here soon, the Disorders are due for a move any time now, and it took a week to find them this time!" Happiness nodded and headed for the door. Fear called out once again after everyone was in the hall, "I suggest explaining the secret if you're going to take anyone other than Sam and Tucker, you know how much the Disorders revolve around it." With that, Fear shut the door.