01

Kenzie's POV

"Dad please don't make me go! I don't want to go live in dumb Texas!" I told my father, hoping that I could change his mind.

"Kenzie, were going. I can't pass up this opportunity. I'm sorry."

"Dad how am I supposed to leave all my friends? This year I actually gained popularity! That's all gone once I'm in Texas! If mom were still here then she would've sided with me." I told him, remembering how my mother was. I miss her.

"You don't know that Kenzie. But you know I don't like to talk about your mother that much after she di-" my dad said.

"After she died. You say this everytime I say mom. Don't you think I ever just want to talk about it? It's been a year dad, she may always be your wife, but you can try to love again. I have faith in you dad." I told my dad. He looked at me with a blank face.

"Go get packing kenz" my dad said, not appreciating anything I just said.

I stomped my feet the whole way up the stairs to my room. Yeah I'm 14, but I still stomp my feet. Whatever.

-3 days later.

So I'm driving to Texas. Yay. We've been driving for about a day now. We should be there soon. My dad said we live in Round rock Texas. I'm just scared to go to school.

So we just got to our house. It's huge! But the house next door looks familiar. I have no clue where from though. As I was unpacking my stuff from the u-haul truck, I saw two boys my age walking out of the house next door. A white kid, and a black kid.

When they turned to look at me, I recognized those two boys. That was zach, aka bruhitszach on younow, and his friend Ty.