IV

After my phone call with Hotch I felt like I was on cloud nine. Something about moving back home and getting a place and a potential job offer all in the span of a day was absolutely mind blowing. I wondered maybe if Prentiss was wrong. Maybe I wasn't cursed.

"What was that about?" Issac asked, peeling his eyes away from the screen in front of him.

"Job offer," I responded, smiling wide. I walked over to the kitchen table and plopped down on the seat next to him.

"Already?"

I nodded. "They need a pathologist to fill in for a while."

"Where at?"

"Uh," I looked away, "the BAU."

"You sure that's a good idea?"

"Not really," I shrugged, "but I got a couple of days to think about it."

Issac rolled his eyes. It was obvious he didn't necessarily agree with the decision. I really didn't blame him. No normal person would voluntarily return to their old place of work where they were fired for fraternizing with their now recently ex boyfriend.

"When's Maggie off work?"

"In about an hour," Issac looked back at his phone, letting out a heavy sigh. "I took the liberty of texting Luke already. He said he's gonna meet us there."

"Where are we going?"

"Sams Inn," he replied.

He kept staring at his phone, which made me realize he wasn't really in the mood to talk. I got up from the kitchen chair and wandered over to the couch. I flopped down and grabbed my own phone. I reread some of the texts, smiling to myself. As much as I thought I wanted to avoid everyone I knew deep down that was a lie. Despite being a complete and utter asshole I knew they'd forgive me. They understood what being an adult was like and how hard it was sometimes. Sure, I'd probably have to work a bit to gain their trust back, but it wasn't the end of the world.

After rereading everything I switched over to Instagram. It'd been a while since I checked it, so when I did I was surprised at how many notifications I had. I stared at my phone, slightly confused as I looked through. I hadn't posted anything in months, but a couple of people had mentioned me in comments and tagged me in photos. I went to the photos, smiling as I scrolled through the list. Most of the pictures were from Garcia's account. Out of everyone she was obviously the most tech savvy so her addiction to social media only made sense. According to the date, she posted a photo of me a couple of weeks ago. It was from that girl's night at the bar. The picture itself was pretty blurry, but from what I could see it looked like an image of Prentiss and I feeding each other shots. I laughed slightly, trying to rack through my brain on when exactly the picture was taken, but obviously due to how drunk I was that night, nothing came up. I liked the picture and kept scrolling

Eventually I felt Issac smack me on leg. I looked up towards the back of the couch, narrowing my eyes grumpily in his direction. "What?"

"We gotta go."

I looked at the time on my phone, surprised at how quickly it passed. I blinked a couple of times, adjusting my eyes to something other than my phone screen, and stood up. I unplugged my phone and shoved it my back pocket before grabbing my wallet out of my purse and doing the same. After that I grabbed my favourite pair of boots and slipped them on.

When I was ready we left. We hopped in Issac's car and drove straight to the bar, parking out front. He paid for parking, while I leaned against the car and looked around. I'd been to this area of town a couple of times, but I wasn't totally familiar with it.