VII

I heard my phone ring as I opened the front door of the apartment. I sighed heavily, quickly closing the door before fishing the loud object out of my purse and pressing it to my ear. "Hello?"

Issac peeked into the living room from the bed in the other room. He gave me a little wave, which I returned as I walked over to the couch and sat down.

"Your new boss is quite the charmer," Morgan chuckled.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, feeling the embarrassment from earlier increase just thinking about it. I couldn't believe Cooper did that. Actually, I could, but it still didn't make dealing with it any easier. "Fuck, I know," I grumbled, "I feel horrible."

"Don't worry about it. Reid's a little embarrassed, but he's used to the teasing."

I heard Reid grumble on the other end of the phone. I bit my lip at the sound of his voice. "Yeah, well, tell him I'm sorry and that I'll make sure it doesn't happen again."

"Why don't you tell him yourself?" I could hear the smoothness of Morgan's voice. He knew exactly what he was doing.

"Oh, uh I don't t-"

"Morgan stop!" I heard Reid yell.

I closed my eyes, hearing the phone shuffle between the two of them. Morgan laughed, while Reid protested repeatedly. I imagined them shoving the phone back and forth, playing a dangerous game of hot potato. Eventually, Morgan sighed, moving the phone back to him. "I'll let him know."

"You're such a child," I rolled my eyes, "if he doesn't want to talk you can't just make him talk."

"I thought it might work," he retorted defensively.

"Well, obviously not."

"Whatever," he laughed.

"Was that the only reason for this call or was there actually something important you wanted to tell me?" I held back a smirk.

"Ouch. Can't I just call to say hello to my old friend, Riff-Raff."

"Ew, do not call me that."

"I think Dick Cooper's got the hots for you," Morgan said jokingly. I made an over exaggerated gagging sound into the phone, causing Morgan to laugh hysterically. "I'm just kidding. The man's married."

"Whoever married him is one unlucky lady," I responded, "he talked to me during the entire autopsy, like literally the whole time. I honestly thought he was going to pass out from the lack of oxygen going to his brain." I heard a small chuckle from Reid. I raised my brow. "Am I on speaker?"

"Yes." Morgan responded.

"Oh, uh, okay." Suddenly I felt uncomfortable.

"Look, I was really calling to ask if you wanted to come to Rossi's next weekend. Hotch scheduled a mandatory weekend the same day Strauss gets back from vacation and he wanted me to invite you."

I brought my hand to my mouth and chewed my thumbnail. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Issac come out of the bedroom, yawning loudly as he rubbed his eyes and wandered over to the kitchen.

"Isla?"

"Oh, uh," I shook my head, "maybe. I, uh, might have to move next weekend." I lied.

"You found a place already?" Morgan asked.

"Yeah. One of my brother's friend's needed a roommate so I'm moving in with him."

"Him, huh," Morgan responded, "what's his name?"