LVI

By the time I was dressed I was ready to get things started. I smoothed out the front of my dress and glanced over at Garcia who looked like she was holding back tears. The second I noticed I swallowed hard and looked at the other two women in the room and flashed them a sheepish smile. They smiled back warmly and moved forward, opening their arms to envelope me into a tight group hug that Garcia immediately joined in on. "Oh, my god I can't believe this is finally happening," Garcia mumbled. She pressed the side of her face against mine and let out a sigh, prompting me to giggle uncomfortably. The amount of physical love I'd been receiving since arriving was starting to become annoying, but considering the circumstances I remained silent; knowing it'd come across as ruder than intended.

When we all pulled away I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror. A sense of surprise took over as I scanned the length of my body, wondering how in just a few short months I'd managed to both get pregnant and basically married. The whole idea felt so surreal, yet right at the same time, because even though it took a while to realize, the truth was that this was meant to happen. Like Reid once said, when you meet your soulmate, remember the act to bring you together was 500 years in the making.

When the initial shock of everything began to settle in I let out a heavy sigh and moved towards the window. From where we were located I could see almost everyone; all of them standing around in groups just chatting away. I smiled at the sight and focused on various bodies. It seemed like Reid really thought of everything, because the longer I stared, the more it dawned on me how everyone I ever thought to invite was down there.

"Did everyone know, but me?" I questioned, still looking down.

JJ let out a soft chuckle. "At first, no. When Reid first proposed the idea it was just the team that knew."

"And Issac," Garcia interjected.

I turned to face them, opening my mouth in surprise, because Issac had the biggest mouth on the planet. His ability to keep secrets was almost nonexistent, especially big ones, so the fact that he'd managed to pull this off was alarming.

"Apparently Issac helped out a lot," JJ added.

"That asshole." I shook my head, holding back a smile as I glanced back out the window to find him. As if on cue his dark mop of hair flew through my frame of vision as he ran across the yard to Maggie's side, grabbing hold of her torso. I snorted, watching as he lifted her into the air and carried her back across the grass, both of them laughing maniacally. "I can't believe he didn't tell me."

"He wanted to," JJ said with a shrug. "Spence almost had to resort to bribery to get him to stop."

"How am I not surprised?" I stepped away from the window and nervously pulled at the fabric of my sleeves, while everyone else shared a quick look before staring back at me.

"Ready to go?" Prentiss asked, raising her brow.

I mentally asked myself the same question, suddenly feeling the pressure. Your wedding day was supposed to be the most important day of your life; a day that everyone in attendance would remember for the rest of their lives and smile back on. The intensity of that made me wary for the moments to come, because in all honesty I wasn't sure we'd be able to pull that kind of impact off. Reid and I were just two people in love, coming together to show our commitment.

When I looked at it that way the whole concept felt somewhat mundane, which sort of made me laugh, because here we were making a big deal out of something a good portion of people did. Marriage wasn't special. In fact, according to Reid, as of 2006, 55.7% of Americans over the age of eighteen were married.

"Why are you laughing?" Prentiss asked, laughing herself.

I pressed my lips together after I realized how stupid I looked. I felt like my thoughts were a little too off-putting to share so I opted to shrug in response and move towards the door. At this point, all the nerves I felt flowing through my body had dissipated into nothing, because at the end of the day Reid and I were just a couple, sharing our love to our friends and family.