X

I awoke to the sound of my phone ringing. I sat up, inhaling a deep breath of air as I pushed my hair out of my face. I reached for my dresser, scrunching up my face when I realized my phone wasn't there. I panicked slightly, blindly pushing my hands underneath my covers. I slid my hands along the sheets, listening as my phone continued to ring. After a couple of seconds I stopped moving, realizing it was in the back pocket of the jeans I was still wearing. I let out a sigh of defeat, propping myself up to grab it. The light of the screen hurt my eyes so I answered it without checking the ID. "Hello?" I asked groggily.

"You sound absolutely disgusting," Cooper laughed.

"What time is it?"

"Five."

I groaned again. "Why are you calling me so early?"

"Listen, kid, uh, we got a bit of a problem."

"Problem," I repeated. I let out a loud yawn, pressing the back of my hand against my mouth to try and mask the sound. "What kind of problem?"

"A you problem," he replied matter of factly, "are you at home?"

"Where else would I be?"

"I don't know where you go," he scoffed, "anyway, uh, not the point. What's your address?"

"Why?" The seriousness of his tone was starting to freak me out.

He groaned. "Because I'm coming to get you. Hotchner shipped another body for us to look at and this one is, uh, a bit of a doozy."

"Define doozy." I stood up from the edge of my bed, clutching my head as I wandered to the bathroom to start getting ready.

"You'll uh, see when you get here," he muttered, "now, address."

I told him my address as I reached for my toothbrush. Afterwards, he told me to be ready in ten and hung up the phone. I rolled my eyes, tossing my phone onto the counter as I started brushing. Lazily, I stared into the mirror, examining the bags under my eyes as I moved my hand vigorously around my mouth. Once it was full of saliva I spat into the sink and rinsed off my brush.

Instead of doing my usual morning routine I tied my hair back and threw on some deodorant. As I finished up I yawned again, this time letting it loudly fill the air as I walked over to my closet and grabbed a fresh change of clothes. Quickly, I threw them on, buckling up the belt on my pants before hearing my phone vibrate from the bathroom. I rubbed my eyes and checked the screen, realizing it was a text from Hotch. I figured some shit was going down so instead of texting back I called and wandered over at grab my shoes. I slipped them on, tucking the phone against my shoulder as it rang.

He didn't answer, which concerned me a bit. Typically the only time he didn't answer was when he had a gun in his hand, so I bit my lip and hung up. While the phone was still in my hand I got a text from Cooper saying he was outside. I ran up the stairs and out the front door, narrowing my eyes to focus on the cherry red mustang in front of me. I snorted and walked over, slipping into the passenger's side. "How am I not surprised this is the vehicle you own."

"I'm a man of luxury," he sighed, "now buckle up."

I did as I was told and adjusted myself in the seat. Cooper left immediately, speeding down the empty suburb until he reached the main road and turned right. The second he turned I felt nauseous. I clutched my stomach and closed my eyes, praying the feeling would eventually pass so I wouldn't have to ask him to pull over.

Cooper was silent the whole way there, which definitely felt like a bad thing. "Everything alright?" I asked. 

He looked over, a flash of concern coating his face. His gaze darted between me and the road, ultimately falling on the later as he sat in silence. When we arrived at the BAU he shut off the car and sighed, placing his hands on his knees as he looked over at me. "Kid, I'm gonna be honest with you, this isn't good."