XXXIII

Hotch called us in around six, causing both Reid and I to groan. Unsurprisingly, despite being told otherwise, we didn't get a lot of sleep. After making minimal effort to seduce him we spent the majority of the night enjoying each other's company; something we hadn't done a lot of since finding out about the baby.

"We really need to think more about the consequences before sleeping together," Reid mumbled. He rolled onto his side, placing a quick kiss on my forehead before throwing the covers off of his body and sliding out of bed.

"Ain't that the truth," I responded with a laugh. I threw the covers over my head when he turned on the light, letting out an angry moan as the brightness stung my eyes.

Reid chuckled at my sudden distress and moved into the bathroom. After he closed the door I moved the covers away, letting out a heavy sigh as I blinked to adjust my eyes.

While Reid did his usual morning routine in the bathroom I got up and got dressed. Lazily, I sifted through the few outfits that I'd packed, eventually choosing a dark button down and some tight fitted jeans. Along with those I grabbed a fresh pair of underwear and a sports bra, slipping both on before putting on the rest.

"Bathroom's yours if you need it." Reid ran his hands through his hair as he opened the door.

I swallowed hard when I realized he was still naked, looking away nervously as I pressed my lips together to mask the gasp bubbling at the back of my throat. To distract myself, I reached into my bag to grab a fresh pair of socks, pulling them over my feet as I avoided eye contact.

Almost immediately he noticed my discomfort, causing him to let out a snort and bump his hip against mine. "It's not so great when you're on the other side of things, huh?" He raised his brow, holding back a smirk.

I shoved his shoulder and rolled my eyes, trying not to make it anymore obvious. While I often teased him about his attraction towards me, as time went on he started returning the favour. Often times using it to his advantage, especially in situations like this.

He chuckled quietly and got dressed, deliberately choosing an outfit similar to mine. When he was fully dressed he opened his arms and did a twirl, raising his brows questionably for my approval. Instead of giving it to him though, I shook my head, crossing my arms over my chest as I scanned him. "People are going to start making fun of us once they notice," I stated. I wasn't sure when it started, but at some point Reid started planning his outfits around mine as a joke. At first it was just little things, like matching his tie to the colour of my shirt or wearing the same tone of pants. Eventually though, it became increasingly obvious, tipping to the point where our outfits were basically twins of each other.

"They already make fun of us." He shrugged.

"You mean you," I poked his chest.

"Well, if you still worked with us they'd make fun of you too," he retorted.

I gave him a confused look, my mouth dropping open slightly as I narrowed my eyes. That was the second time in twenty-four hours that he'd mentioned work and while normally I wouldn't question in, something about the tone in his voice made it obvious he was hiding something. "What's up with that anyway?" As I spoke I slipped on a pair of Converse, watching Reid's face light up as he reached for his own.

"With what?"

"You mentioning me working all of a sudden."

He pressed his lips together and shrugged his shoulders as he kneeled down to tie his shoes. I stared down at him curiously, watching his eyes dart between me and his laces. At this point my suspicions only grew the longer I watched him.