XXV

"I don't think we should tell everyone yet." I did a quick once over in the mirror, running my finger along the underside of my eyelashes to get rid of the excess mascara.

Reid stood beside me, looking down at his tie as he adjusted it around his neck. "They say you should wait until the thirteen week mark," he responded.

"Really?" I looked over at him, surprised.

The day after I came out about the news Reid drove me to the clinic to take another test. I remember when I got there I couldn't stop shaking. Part of me wondered if I'd made a mistake somehow, like maybe I wasn't pregnant and somehow I'd just imagined the entire thing. Almost immediately Reid rolled his eyes when I told him; assuring me that that the percentage of such a thing happening was slim, especially considering the amount of tests I took.

When the test came back positive, I sobbed. Considering the amount of hormones traveling through my body it wasn't surprising. When it happened though, instead of comforting me Reid just laughed and drug me out to car. As we walked out of the clinic I hid my face in embarrassment. Crying in public was bad enough, but doing it while I was pregnant? I wanted to die.

"That's when the rate of miscarriage drops," he responded.

I pressed my lips together, feeling sick. While I knew that becoming pregnant didn't always result in having a baby, I still didn't like thinking about it. Now that Reid and I were on the same page I actually felt pretty good about everything. Sure, things were still new and exciting, but the more I thought about it the more right it felt.

Reid ran his hand along the front of his shirt, leaning forward into the mirror as he brought his hand up to his hair and smoothed it out. "Do you think everyone already knows?"

"That I'm pregnant?" I looked at him wide eyed.

He chuckled, shaking his head. "No, that we're together."

"Oh," I let out a sigh of relief, "probably."

When he was finished fiddling with his hair he turned to face me, flashing me a warm smile as he moved his hand to the small of my back. "You ready?"

I held up my pointer finger, giving him a narrow eyed look before opening the top drawer and grabbing a couple of bobby pins. I pulled a small section of my hair back, pinning it down so that it stayed out of my face.

Reid checked the watch on his wrist, letting out a stressed out sigh. "Rossi hates when people are late."

I put the last pin between my lips as I pulled back another section and glanced over his shoulder. It was six on the dot, which meant we were already running late. "Shit."

"I'll go start the car." He placed a small kiss on the side of my head and went upstairs.

When he was gone I smiled, grabbing the pin from my mouth before placing it near my roots and patting it down. Even though I was only three weeks along I somehow looked different, like I was glowing. Apparently that was something that happened to pregnant women. At first I thought it was just some silly myth, but yesterday when I got out of the shower I literally had to do a double take in the mirror.

At that moment I realized I should probably be hurrying. Swearing under my breath, I ran out of the bathroom and grabbed my bag. Swiftly, I threw my phone inside before grabbing a pair of shoes and running upstairs. As I passed by Luke on the couch, I yelled a quick goodbye and pushed my way through the front door before running down the driveway to Reid's car. The second I hopped in he started moving, barely waiting long enough to put on my seatbelt.

"Sorry," I let out a heavy breath, "got distracted."

"It's your funeral," he joked.

"You're gonna be late too, you know." I raised my brow.