XLII

"Okay, so while you're in your meeting with Hotch I'll go take a look at that those open houses on the West side and after that I'll come pick you up and we'll head to the doc-"

I strode over to Reid, placing my hands on either side of his face as I cut him off with a kiss. "You need to calm down, you're stressing me out." I tried to smile and pretend like I was joking, but deep down I really wasn't. The last few weeks had been nothing, but stressful and while I was glad we were getting them out of the way, part of me almost felt too exhausted to care.

"I know, I'm sorry." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, taking a moment to relax. While most days as of late were fairly busy already, today was abnormally jam packed. On top of meeting with Hotch to discuss my future with the BAU, we also had our next ultrasound appointment. In addition to that, Reid also made the mistake of overbooking his day off to go house hunting, which frankly I was thankful to be missing, since the last time we went I almost died of boredom.

I thumbed the collar of his shirt with a sigh, glancing down at his torso, which was clad in his usual coloured button up. Today he opted for purple, which to this day was still my favourite colour to see him in. I smiled and slid my hands to his shoulders, examining the way his muscles felt beneath my fingers. "Luke said I could borrow his car so don't worry about picking me up, okay?" I glanced up at his face, which looked calmer than before. "You just do your thing with the houses and meet me at the clinic by three, alright?"

"Okay." He nodded.

"Okay." I widened my smile and leaned in for another kiss. "I gotta go now, but send me pictures. I'll call you when I'm done." I gave his chest one final pat before moving across the room to grab my bag. As I bent over I groaned and gripped my stomach, wiggling my fingers in frustration until I managed to maneuver myself low enough to grab the handle.

At this point we were eighteen weeks along, which was crazy to think about. It felt like just yesterday I was taking a pregnancy test, which was probably a good thing. As cool as it was to be a creator of life it was more inconvenient than anything and I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Reid chuckled at my poor attempt of moving and followed me up the steps. "You know you're allowed to ask for help, right?"

I struggled up the steps slowly, still holding my stomach as I got to the top. "I'm aware, yes, but I know for a fact that once I do you'll start treating me like a baby." I let out a heavy breath and adjusted my bag over my shoulder, hearing Reid snort in response. As much as I loved him he'd become increasingly annoying about his constant need to help, which for someone like me who was too prideful to ask for it, made things complicated sometimes.

As I moved towards the door I felt him reach out to grab my hand. With a sigh, I turned to face him, raising my brow. "Yes?"

"I love you." He smiled.

"I love you, too." I rolled my eyes, holding back one of my own.

"Good luck."

"Thanks, I'll need it," I responded nervously.

After that he let me go. On my way out I grabbed Luke's car keys off the side table near the door, spinning the ring around my index finger as I walked down the driveway to his vehicle. I unlocked the door with the fob and slowly, but surely slipped into the driver's seat, taking a couple of moments to adjust it to my liking. When it was good, I pulled on my seatbelt and started the car, feeling quite anxious.

As I pulled out of the driveway and onto the road I couldn't stop wondering about how the meeting was going to go. Hotch approached me almost three months ago and while it gave me a lot of time to come up with a proper answer it also gave me lots of time to overthink it. At this point I was still pretty undecided. On one hand, the profiler in me wanted to continue. I loved the job more than anything and the idea of getting a second chance to explore my talents was more than enough to consider taking it. On the other, I knew that if I did I'd be putting a target on my back. Serial killers didn't stop for pregnant women and while I was aware that proper protocol would be put into place to keep me safe I couldn't help, but still feel wary of it.