Explosions

"STOP BEING DIFFICULT and just keep your eyes closed,"Jungkook laughs in my ear as he holds his hands over my eyes, walking behind me as he guides me through his house

I wanted a tour of his four-bedroom ranch, but he covered my eyes as soon as he opened the door to me, telling me only that he had a surprise.

After what happened on the phone last night, I fully expected to be overcome with mortification the minute I laid eyes on Jungkook. I'm willing to admit that I've thought about anal sex many times over the years. Taehyung even broached the topic once, trying to convince me to spice up our sex life. The thing is, there's an incredible amount of trust involved in the act, and I never trusted my husband enough to guide us through it.

 If how fast I came and how loudly I moaned last night at the very mention of him taking my ass are any indication, I have no such misgivings about Jungkook. As a matter of fact, it's all I've been able to think about since the moment he smiled down at me at the front door.

I hear the swoosh of a sliding glass door and I feel the grass beneath my feet as he leads me into what must be his back yard.

He comes to a stop, turning me around as he removes his hands from my eyes. When I start to open them, he quickly scolds me.

"Nope, keep them closed."

I huff and cross my arms in front of me. "I hate surprises."

"Yes, you've mentioned that three times already. Stop being a brat," he chuckles.

I hear him rustling around with something and the slide of what sounds like plastic against concrete.

"Okay, open your eyes."

I blink them open and see him squatting down on his patio next to a large, blue plastic tote.

Looking between him and the tote in confusion, he jerks his chin towards the covered box. "Go ahead. Open it."

With a sigh, I bend down and lift the lid. When I see what's inside, my hands start to shake and my heart thumps erratically inside my chest.

This can't be what I think it is.

Swallowing thickly, I slowly reach my hand into the tote and wrap it around a folded piece of Japanese hemp paper and pull it out, holding my breath as I unfold the poster-size piece of paper and lift it up in front of me. My eyes fill with tears as I look at the gunpowder design I created the day Jungkook and I met in my parent's backyard. 

It's one that I had been working on for weeks and it had never come out right until that very moment. I gaze at my rendition of a Japanese pagoda in a garden, completely caught up in the past.

Shaking off my memories without a word, I set the paper down on the concrete and begin pulling out page after page of hemp paper filled with every single design I created over the two years Jungkook and I were together. They are the exact same ones he wallpapered his old bedroom with, the ones I always assumed he trashed after he broke up with me.