Raging Fire

GODDAMMIT ALL TO hell I'm going to kill Wilcox

After two straight days of work and only a few hours of sleep once I got home, I was called back into work because we were short handed. Of course it had to be because of that asshole Wilcox. I should be at Lisa's house right now, but instead, I'm stuck in a barn filled with the smoldering ashes of the south-side wall.

As I remind him yet again about the dangers of smoking in a barn filled with dry bales of hay, the boys finish loading the hose back on the truck and I keep my temper in check until I'm in the jump seat and we're pulling away from his house.

"I swear to Christ I'm going to just burn that fucking barn down myself and be done with it," I complain.

Jimin unbuttons his insulated coat and slides his helmet off of his head, tossing it onto the empty seat next to him. "Now, now, you'll be home soon enough. I hope to God you're going to get laid tonight because this whole moody, PMS thing you've had going on the last few days is starting to worry me."

I punch him in the arm and give him a dirty look even though he's right. I have been extra bitchy since I last saw Lisa. Being away from her is nothing short of torture. Even though we talked on the phone several times during my recent forty-eight hour shift, hearing her soft, raspy voice and knowing she was curled up in bed while she spoke to me did nothing to ease the ache I had for her.

It only made me think about being inside her body and watching her beautiful brown eyes widen as her pussy clamped down on my cock. Trying to push my need for her aside during my downtime at work by lifting weights didn't help, either. Just like I predicted, every fucking time I walked in that room and looked at the subwoofer, my dick got hard and I had to lock myself in the bathroom to rub one out.

I feel myself getting worked up again, so I deliberately turn my mind towards the only thing that fires my blood as much as Lisa—my absolute and total fucking hate for her soon-to-be ex-husband. I think about every conversation we've had over the last seventeen days and it makes me want to hunt down Kim and end his miserable excuse for a life. 

He had it all. He had the woman who should have been mine and he didn't even care. He treated her like garbage and he smothered her creativity. She should have gone to art school. Her gunpowder designs should be hanging in galleries all over the fucking world but instead, she was forced to take a job just to pay the bills while Kim blew all of their money on gambling, drugs and God knows what else.

He had a beautiful, smart, sexy, talented woman and he took her for granted every day for seventeen years. I can't even believe the strong woman she's turned into after all the shit she put up with from him. Any other woman would have been beaten down and afraid to trust again, but not Lisa. She put every ounce of her trust in me and I'll be damned if I'm going to let her down. Finally, after several days away from her, I'm going to sit her down and tell her what she means to me.