(28) Frozen

It was now early morning. We were all gathered around the candle, eating breakfast. I look around at everyone. Everyone had worried faces because we couldn't find Ivy nowhere in the basement. I finish the wafer, pushing bad thoughts out of my head by watching the fire dance.

 "Hey Alice, do you want to check what it's like outside?" Willie asks, I instantly get up and walk into the darkness toward the stairs. It was at least something to do. Willie follows behind me. I reach the small door, unhooking the lock. I carefully open the door, and get greeted with a wall of snow. "Oh no" Willie mumbled, she touches the snow. It looked like the snow was packed in. She shakes the snow off her finger and goes down the stairs. I hear Willie calling to everyone, the sound of a herd comes to the door. "So what do we's do Willie?" Ruby asks, Willie stares at the snow, her eyebrows scrunched together.

"YOU CAN THROW ME!" Rose yells. Everyone looks at her. "Are you insane Rose?" Grace mouths, Rose looks at Willie and Ruby with a puppy face. "B-but the snow is so p-packed in, It would hurt y-you if we throw you," I explained. "Pleaseee," Rose whines. Willie shrugs her shoulders. "It's not the most craziest thing she has ever done, plus if she's hurt Grace can help her." Grace sighs but nods. We all get closer to Rose, and pick her up. Willie and Ruby holding her upper body while Grace and I hold her lower body. It feels like we're holding a log. "Are you ready Rose?" Willie asks nervously. Rose nods her head, Ruby starts to count down. "3.. 2.. 1!" We throw Rose into the snow, she breaks though. Leaving a small gap. After a moment of silent we hear Rose. "I'M OKAY! MY HEAD JUST HURTS A LITTLE. IT'S VERY PRETTY OUTSIDE, NO MORE STORMS." Ruby mouths to Grace what Rose said, we all smile. The storm was finally over. One at a time we all climb though the gap, careful not to break anymore snow. I reach the end and see the blue sky of New York. Snow was piled high everywhere I looked. I see Rose following footprints that lead to a dumpster. She opens the dumpster, a look of horror on her face. We all quickly go over to her. I almost slip on the thick ice under the snow. We gather around Rose. I gasp and cover my hand over my mouth. I see the body of Ivy, curled up in the dumpster, dead. "What is it?" Ruby asks, Willie whispers in Ruby's ear, Ruby's face turns sad instantly. "I's should have helped you." She whispers, her voice cracking. I see Willie get closer to Ivy's body, reaching for something. It looked like a note. "This is for you Alice." She hands it and I take it with a trembling hand.

Dear Alice,

I have decided to leave this cold, heartless world by dying the way it would want me to. Even though I was still mad at you. I leave you with the money I offered you. It's in the closet. Make it go to good use.

Ivy.

A tear falls from my eye and lands on the note. I give it back to Willie and start to go towards the basement. But as I get to the door a voice stops me. "Alice, is that you?!" I see two people come closer to me, the last people I thought I would see, my parents.